cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber (windows) - Point-to-point to Multipoint escalation

Michael Boscia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What mechanism do I use to escalate a point-to-point call between CUCM registered Cisco Jabber endpoints to a multipoint call?

I'm not familiar with the software enough to know if there is a "Join" button when I put an existing call on hold to call a 2nd party.

Is there a way to invoke Multiway somehow?

Since the Cisco Jabber clients aren't registered to VCS-C like they are with Jabber Video, I don't understand where/how I invoke Multiway or something like it.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Daniel Hoffman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Jabber relies on the conferencing resources defined on CUCM for both audio and video ad hoc multi-party calls, and Jabber behaves just like a telephone in adding parties to the call. If a video MCU is defined and available and all parties support video calls, then the result is a multi-point video call. We support Cisco/legacy Tandberg MCUs with CUCM.

Dan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HI,

I have a customer which has CMBE6K with 200 users. All users have Jabber for windows ( CUWL licenses).

Based on information I've found I only can do point-to-point video calls only with CUCM, I cant do multiparty calls if havent a MCU?? is that correct??

In case yes, Do I need really a MCU if I want to do a multi-party calls among three users??

I dont remember the MCU price but I dont think it be cheap, so what is my alternaytive??

Regards

Verify that the 5300 series MCU is supported as a lower cost alternative to the 4500. The 5300 offers more flexibility in licensing, whereas, the 4500 requires the max license count/cost. Also, see if Cisco has completed testing of the PVDM3 in the ISR G2 router for use with Jabber. I know it works, but testing was underway earlier in September.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: