Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MRA Jabber cannot connect phone service

Hi

we just configured the cisco MRA the problem that cisco jabber cannot connect to phone service from internet. But IM & Presence work fine. but services (IM , phone and unity )from Internal network are works fine.

I created the Expresway E - C FQDN internally or externally.name of EXP-E is same with its certificate.

Everything seems to be configured correctly but I am not able to work out where this is falling over.

but But the Expressway gives the error:Event="get_edge_sso" Detail="Access denied" Reason="Only legacy auth supported"

In my case I'm running "Authorize by user credential" on the Expressway C and also i set the TLS mode:Off in Unified CM Servers on EXP-C and status is active . I have no issues with users logging into Jabber on the inside.

i'm currently running:

CUCM : 11.5.1.16900-16

EXP-E and C : 12.5

In the attachment is the jabber log file. from expressway error entries in event log .

Can anyone please help?

5 Replies 5

There is a good troubleshooter at https://cway.cisco.com/csa

Hi Anthony

I've tested with this tool before and it didn't show any problems. Of course, this tool is not available right now and it is having problems.

thanks

DId you ever get this resolved? I am having this issue as well.

amit_akuka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

did you solved this issue?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo83458/?reffering_site=dumpcr

There are three ways to fix this:

- Change the FQDN configured on VCS/Expressway-E to match the FQDN returned by the _collab-edge SRV record.

- Change the FQDN returned by the _collab-edge SRV record to match the FQDN configured on VCS/Expressway-E.

- Change the FQDN returned by the _collab-edge SRV record to an alias of the FQDN configured on VCS/Expressway-E, with the requirement that the alias has to be in the same domain as the FQDN

Also,  disable SIP ALG on the checkpoint firewall for port 5061 for the jabber clients to register.

webex-community.png