Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spark: account for people outside organization

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

One of our customer who is running "Try & Buy" of Cisco Spark. They have a number customer whom they want to make accounts (like guest accounts) so that they can IM with them. Is this possible to create temporary guest accounts for people outside organization?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm don't think there is such a thing as a "temporary" Spark account.

Unless you create the user inside your Spark domain. then off course they can be deleted.

But the access to rooms can be controlled.

People can then be added or removed as needed.

fortvald

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Your customer can just invite partners to utilize the free Spark offer, all Spark users can communicate, regardless of paid or free accounts.

When using the paid account, users can be removed from rooms at the customer discrection, when using the moderator function..

fortvald

Hi Flemming,

Thanks for your quick reply.

That means if a customer converts their "Try & Buy" account to "Paid" account, they would be able to invite their customers and partners with Spark accounts created by their administrators. Am I right?

Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand your question completely.

All Spark users can communicate, just by adding them to a "room". Non Spark users will get an invite if you add their e-mail to a "room".

When using a paid (or try and buy), you can lock a "room" and remove participants if needed.

In the free version all rooms are open.

fortvald

Hi Flemming,

Sorry for confusion.

Our customer is using Cisco Spark "Try & Buy" at this moment buy they intend to convert it to Paid version. Sometimes they want to invite their partners/customers with temporary/guest Spark accounts to communicate with them.

To summarize: Is it possible to invite partners/customers with temporary/guest Spark accounts to communicate/collaborate for a specific project and then delete those accounts.

I hope I'm now clear with my question.

Thanks.

I'm don't think there is such a thing as a "temporary" Spark account.

Unless you create the user inside your Spark domain. then off course they can be deleted.

But the access to rooms can be controlled.

People can then be added or removed as needed.

fortvald
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: