cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spark Desktop App goes Black

Zane Perry
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone else had an issue where the Cisco Spark app goes completely black?  I have to close and re-open the app to resolve the issue.  This happens consistently after extended periods with it open.  I am on version 1.0.0.827 running on Windows 7.  I submitted a bug but never received any reply.  I appreciate any feedback regarding this bug.  (Is there a public bug tracker?)

6 Replies 6

Zane Perry
Level 1
Level 1

I spoke with another user who stated that this issue appears to be related to their system going to sleep.  Maybe there is a paint screen issue?

Yep I experience the same thing after the system going in to hibernation on my Surface Pro 3. It doesn't happen every time, but would happen reasonably often.

Zane Perry
Level 1
Level 1

I was told that this was resolved in the latest version.  I have not seen it go dark due to sleep but it went black when I plugged into a docking station which extended my desktop to 3 screens.  I think there is still a paint screen timing issue.

Zane Perry
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is still active.

svencill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Checking to see if there has been an update on this issue.  I have also sent a support request.

THANKS!

Sue

This happens consistently. I am using a Thinkpad docking station with two external monitors.  When I undock. Spark goes black and I have to kill the task. I cannot even exit, I need to kill it in task manager.

Also- FWIW - Spark is crushing my battery life on the Android.

I am trying to remain excited about this product, but those two things are problematic.

I am on version 1.0.0.3544.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: