cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS with Expressway C&E

mohdshajan
Level 1
Level 1

Can TMS talk to the new Expressway C and E  ?

Is it required to have VCS-C and E for scheduling through TMS ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

UCM is enough. Keep in mind though if you go down the MCU path, conductor is needed for adhoc registration of MCU resources. Conductor is pretty much the standard now with resources registered to UCM. There is a free conductor download that can manage 1 MCU/TS.

Conductor is required if you go with MM310/320/V TS.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS talks to ucm for phone books. There is no endpoint registration to expressway and hence no interaction with TMS

VCS and TMS would talk to each other

Thanks

Srini

Srini,

Thanks for the reply. Well my setup will be as follows.

CUCM - with Codecs & Ex90 registered

Expwy C

Expwy E

TMS

CTS or MCU

The question is whether to include VCS-C for video endpoints call control in order for TMS scheduling or CUCM registration is enough ?

As Expwy C&E is free, just worried on the financial part if VCS-C registration is mandatory for TMS scheduling.

UCM is enough. Keep in mind though if you go down the MCU path, conductor is needed for adhoc registration of MCU resources. Conductor is pretty much the standard now with resources registered to UCM. There is a free conductor download that can manage 1 MCU/TS.

Conductor is required if you go with MM310/320/V TS.

Thanks

Srini

Need to add something here if you want to deploy this today. UCM is not enough.

If you want scheduled conferencing you'll need VCS-C with MCU/TS registered to VCS (and TMS 14.3.2)

Very soon TMS 14.4 will allow a scheduled conference resource via a MCU/TS registered to CUCM via conductor. I don't believe this is committed but hopefully we will have this soon.

If you can wait another month or two before deployment and the TMS/vTS changes come into play you won't need VCS at all.

Thanks jwarcop..

I got exactly the same reply from the Cisco team that we need to have VCS-C for TMS scheduling with MCU / CTS registered to VCS-C

Thanks again for that valuable feedback...

I believe it is based on this post

https://communities.cisco.com/message/147062#147062

Thanks

Srini

I don't mind if WeT is excluded for now.. But at least get the scheduling pieces in place for Conductor+vTS.

Just to add to this statement, today you can have resources managed by conductor scheduled by TMS only if you have single MCU per pool. So yes while you definitely should register to VCS for maximum flexibility, it is possible today if you meet these conditions is how I read this attachment.

You still need VCS-C if you are going to have VCS-E.  Its not required for internal video calls but if you are going to be calling outside your intranet you will still need VCS-C and E

Stefan

That's not entirely true. Yes VCS-C can only pair with VCS-E. But you can have a topology with just VCS-C trunked to UCM. The UCM has a trunk to expressway-C/E. Now endpoints registered to VCS-C can make a B2B call through UCM which then sends to expressway to get out. That's a valid topology

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: