cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco versus Avaya Conference feature

Jaswild999
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is currently on an Avaya system.

There is an attendant/call handler for automated conferencing.  Attendees dial a DID, the attendant asks for their conference (810 + #), then their attendee ID (810810#), then they are placed in conference until someone else joins.

What are my options for performing this with Cisco CUCM 9.0?

I can create an auto attendant structure with prompts that would put an external caller into a MeetMe, but how do I initiate the Meetme if the external caller is the first caller?  Or what other options are there for this scenario (other than webex)?

Regards,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how do I initiate the Meetme if the external caller is the first caller?

You don't. An IP Phone (SCCP/SIP) must initiate this through a softkey action.

Or what other options are there for this scenario (other than webex)?

MeetMe is your only rendezvous conference facility within CUCM. The only other option I can think of would be TelePresence Conductor and/or an MCU. That will be expensive hardware for an audio-only conference though. WebEx Meetings Server is probably the most economical audio approach.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how do I initiate the Meetme if the external caller is the first caller?

You don't. An IP Phone (SCCP/SIP) must initiate this through a softkey action.

Or what other options are there for this scenario (other than webex)?

MeetMe is your only rendezvous conference facility within CUCM. The only other option I can think of would be TelePresence Conductor and/or an MCU. That will be expensive hardware for an audio-only conference though. WebEx Meetings Server is probably the most economical audio approach.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: