cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Meeting Server Audit Logs

Support Team
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading CWMS to ver. 2.5.1.5051.B-AE we could not decrease remote audit syslog level severity below emergency.

Does anyone know solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Viktor

10 Replies 10

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Viktor,

Have you logged in as Auditor account or you are just an Admin? If Auditor account is created on your system, only Auditor can modify these settings.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan!

Auditor account was not created in our system.

I've add new one. But under this new account I couldn't change this setting too (after changes setting doesn't save succesfully)

Viktor

Hi Viktor,

If Auditor account wasn't created during deployment, than an Admin account that was configured during deployment process is also an Auditor. If you log in with that account to CWMS, you should be able to edit these settings.

Also, that is the admin account that can assign Auditor role to an account of your choice so that account can be dedicated Auditor for the system.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

May be I've not explained my problem correctly.

I can change remote audit syslog severity (informational for example). After that I click "Save" button. System tell me, that changes are saved.

But next time when I open audit syslog page, severity still are emergency. And I dont see any syslog messages on remote server.

Viktor

Hi Viktor,

That completely clarifies the issue you are having. I was totally under impression you can't make any changes to the page. 

Ok, so I've done some testing in the lab (2.5 MR5 Patch 1), and I have no issues with setting different levels for auditing (make changes, save changes, log out, log back in, etc.). I just can't reproduce the behavior you've experienced.

Do you have your remote syslog server IP and port configured in the page? If there is no IP configured, the setting will default to Emergency.

-Dejan

Hi, Dejan!
Yes, I configure IP addresses and ports for main and secondary syslog servers. But changes for severity level still don't save.
I should open case in cisco TAC for resolving this problem and I add comment when problem will be resolved
Thanks for help!
Best regards, Viktor

System language and default language for users was russian.
I changed language for audit user. And now all's ok. I successfully save changes.

Best regards, Viktor

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for this update. Just to clarify it, your system language and audit user language setting for set to Russian and with that setting you couldn't save the changes.

However, when you changed the audit user language to a different one, you can save the changes? Can you tell me to what language did you change audit user to? 

This shouldn't be happening so it is most likely a defect which I would like to reproduce in the lab and file with the engineering team.

Thank you.

-Dejan

Yes, Dejan, all's correctly described!

I have changed interface language to English. My native Ukrainian unfortunately is absent

Viktor

Thank you, Viktor.

I will see if I can reproduce this in the lab and file a defect.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: