Views
Helpful
Replies

Citrix and WebEx Connect IM

Call_me_Q
Level 1
Level 1

Happy Holidays!

So I spoke with WebEx support last week about suggestions on making this work with the WebEx Connect IM Client pointing to an SSO login page and apparently Connect IM is not officially supported through Citrix.

Before having it redirect to an SSO page, Connect IM works perfectly in Citrix XenApp6.

The reason I have it redirected now to an SSO page is because we are trying to communicate with a company that also uses Connect IM, but has security polices that restrict our own WebEx to speak to theirs and vice versa.  So the workaround is they have set us up with contractor SSO's to log onto their WebEx.  The issue I run into now is that unless the user has domain admin rights  the SSO page will not authenticate the SSO number and password and just cycles the SSO login page.  When I log on, I have no problem, it's everyone else.

I'm not sure where the rights issue lies, whether it be domain admin or rights on Citrix, but I welcome any feedback/suggestions.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Can you please advise if WebEx Connect Client works with XenApp6 for you? I have few customer on XenApp asking for IM client but apparently none of the Cisco's IM client are supported with XenApp

Thanks

It's not officially supported, but it works with XenApp6.

It also works now through the SSO redirection.  The workaround for the end user to be able to authenticate through the SSO login page is for the user to first log into (RDP) any Citrix server so certain settings are setup in their Citrix profile.