Views
Helpful
Replies

clear settings on jabber cliet

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

anyone knows how to uninstall the jabber client on windows completely?

I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall again, but the settings like the tftp address still keep the previous one after reinstallation. tried to remove related registry and application folders as well but still cannot ask me to re-enter the tftp address, any suggestion?

thanks.

2 Replies 2

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely jabber-bootstrap.properties file C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber.

If this isn't it then could be %appdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config

For the past few weeks I was unable to login to jabber because after I would login then another login prompt would request my Webex IM credentials, I would try to input my credentials again, try to reset my password (which unable to do because it was SSO).  Uninstalling and deleting the folders under appdata didn't work.  After reading your post deleting the jabber-bootstrap worked and I was able to login just fine.

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: