cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client beeps once - Ringtone issue - Jabber for Windows

Nick Z
Level 1
Level 1
I am currently on Jabber 10.6 but this has been happening on other versions as well as other computers.  When I have Jabber set up to "Use my computer for calls" and I receive a call, instead of ringing with the sound of one of the ringtones selectable in the options menu, it just beeps once.  The beep sound like the one you would hear when you are already on a call and another call comes in.  Adjusting the ringtone does not help.  Moving from computer to computer and this same issue follows me but the other people on that same computer do not have the issue.  

My guess is there is some setting on the server side that is overriding my locally selected ring tones but I do not know where to look for this.
Cisco Unified CM Administration -- System version: 10.5.2.11900-3

Thank you in advance.
14 Replies 14

Hi Nick,

Do you by any chance have the jabber status as DND? This might happen when the CSF device is put to DND status.

Regards

Nagajothi,

After reading your post I put Jabber into DND and call the line.  The beep is the same.  When moving from DND to Available, I was hoping this would fix it but it did not.  Still get one beep on incoming calls, and that is it.  The Jabber popup sits there waiting for me to hit Answer or Decline but never makes another sound and it popsdown when the caller hangs up or it goes to voicemail.

Did anyone find a solution for this? We have the same issue- Jabber just beeps twice and no ring tone.

I just installed the last version for PC 11.1.2 with the same issue also on MAC 11.1

I'm happy to report issue is resolved for me. A new support engineer we hired finally discovered it.

There is apparently a DND setting also at the user's back end profile level, and mine got set (unclear how) during a minor upgrade in April or May. Once he cleared that, it worked perfectly on 2 different computers.

Have you UC admin check your profile for that.

I just checked the user profile on Call Manager and didn't find any DND settings. Do you refer to WebEx connect profile? or CM - If CM can you let me know what exactly is done to resolve?

Thank you

I can't profess to know a lot about the back end, but the engineer said it was something I could control in the Self Care Portal, which I was not aware of. That portal is fairly recent for us.

I've attached a snapshot of what I see. Apparently that first setting got turned on. Once he found that and cleared it, my ringer started working.

Hope this helps.

Looks like you have a CP server- In our case we have WebEx connect (Jabber cloud) so I don't have these settings. However DND is also in Jabber client but it didn't make any difference when I checked or unchecked it.

Found the solution on user FWC profile - as mentioned DND option should be unchecked. Thanks - I just tested and it works.

Thank you, I had someone with this exact problem and this was indeed the root cause.

We had the same issue, which have been solved with your help. THANKS 

Very useful, thanks

odrisd011
Level 1
Level 1

I have this exact problem too... a quick double beep instead of the selected ringtone. Additionally, I have Ringers/Alerts under the Audio options set to All Devices, but it will only send the beep to selected speaker device ONLY.

Our system admin is at a loss to explain or reproduce it. This REALLY hampers my ability to provide support.

Currently running 10.6.3 Build 61622, but my sysadmin and I tried upgrading to 11.0+, with the same result.

It worked fine until one particular backend upgrade back in late April or early May.

Thanks.

I have also seen the same behaviour. The jabber is not on DND and when a call comes in I only see the popup window and some beeps that are repetitive I think.

I answer the call and then I hang up. The next call seems to be fine (there is the default ringtone as expected). This usually happens for the first call after I start my jabber

Jabber is 10.6.4 

CUCM is 10.5.2.11900-3

Had to go to the Self Care Portal and put a check mark on Do NOT disturb press SAVE and then check mark it back OFF and press save.