cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cloud Connector - Directory Sync

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

Just getting our CUWP Spark  site configured.  Running through the Cloud Connector for LDAP sync.  Only half of my users are syncing.  The other half are returning warning for naming conflict with an existing cloud entry object... unwilling to allow the client to enter value...for attribute uid which conflicts with another user

Is this because they signed up for Free Spark? I dont think this would be it as my account sync'd, just not sure why half my users are getting duplicate account error messages when this is my first run through Cloud Connector

Cloud Org: Katalyst

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello robray_sc,

When you click on the "convert" button in the Admin console, does it give you an error or does it give you a success message?

Can you try to turn the dirSync off, then convert the users and do a dry run with the cloud connector and let me know if that fixes the issue?

Thank you

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

So this is because the users are on the Free Spark version.  Pressing the Convert button on the management portal hasn't done anything yet.

This is the same issue I am currently experiencing when trying to convert users. Apparently it takes a couple of days, but there is nothing on the site to tell you this, or the progress of the conversion.

I converted yesterday some users and it worked immediately.Have you tried only to convert one or two to check if that is working correctly?

I have tried converting just 1 or 2 users at a time and still stays the same. 

Hello robray_sc,

When you click on the "convert" button in the Admin console, does it give you an error or does it give you a success message?

Can you try to turn the dirSync off, then convert the users and do a dry run with the cloud connector and let me know if that fixes the issue?

Thank you

Hi Jean,

I just gave that a go and it has allowed me to convert the users that I was having a problem with, so that's at least a start!

Thanks

Martyn

Nice to hear,

I also learned something new (deactive user sync before conversion), but be happy, it's only in beginning. After all users a converted it really runs smoothly.

Sebastian

Thanks Jean, worked great after temporarily disabling the dir sync from cloud connector 

Taranjit Singh Dhaliwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I'm trying to confirm if CUWP partners are eligible for Spark licensing/hybrid services. Please advice.

I cant find any information on the latest CUWP ordering guide, however came across this forum where 'robray' mentioned that he is provisioning his CUWP site for Spark.

TIA

Go to this website -> https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/spark

Click on Build Your Practice. All the links are there to enable your CUWP license for Spark and CMR Cloud

Seems like step 4 link is broken, I think its trying to get you here —> https://www.ciscofeedback.vovici.com/se/7FAD61207E7399C2

Work with your Cisco and Webex channel reps to help you through the process

Thanks Robray.

Cheers.

Regards,

Taranjit Singh

Sent from Mobile

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: