Views
Helpful
Replies

CMR Cloud PMR URI

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

We recently ordered a handful of CMR cloud licenses to try out.  Everything is working great except for how the custom PMR URI is laid out.  Because we don't use SSO with WebEx our login username is our email address.  So the custom uri goes as below:

username@***.com@***.webex.com

*** represents company name.

It wouldn't be such an issue however our TP, Jabber, and other video devices won't dial the URI because there is two @ symbols.  Or it will just delete everything after the first .com.  I know that a future iteration of WebEx will allow for custom URI's so this will help.  But are there any thoughts around possible workarounds?

2 Replies 2

Jeff Nicoll
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issue.  All users used firstname.lastname@domain.com to login so that is why you get the 2 @ signs since the PMR assigns the SIP alias as the endusername.  so we just changed the login user name to just firstname.lastname and then when users created their PMR, the alias is now firstname.lastname@domain.webex.com for video alias.

Hey Jeff,

That is interesting.  The only problem I would have is how did you change the username layout?  Our's is based out of WebEx Messenger admin and from what I can tell I can't setup a new policy group where username doesn't include domain.  Thanks for the info.