cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS: Can we mute/unmute participant via api?

wisit_jan
Level 1
Level 1

The customer need mute/unmte participant from api(postman).

What are attribute that mute/unmate per participant from api app? I try /calls/<callid>/participants/ but not work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide more detail about how you're applying the API commands, possibly screenshots.

The CMS 2.2 Release Notes says they added the API command you mention, are you running version 2.2 or later?

Be sure you put the * after participants/, and the guides don't specify it when using this particular API command, but value for the mute parameters are true/false.

Instead of using the /calls/<call id>/participants/* node, have you tried muting the participant under the /callLegs/<callLeg ID> node instead?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide more detail about how you're applying the API commands, possibly screenshots.

The CMS 2.2 Release Notes says they added the API command you mention, are you running version 2.2 or later?

Be sure you put the * after participants/, and the guides don't specify it when using this particular API command, but value for the mute parameters are true/false.

Instead of using the /calls/<call id>/participants/* node, have you tried muting the participant under the /callLegs/<callLeg ID> node instead?

Thank you Patrick

under the /callLegs/<callLeg ID> it's work.

I tested it last night and it works for me using both methods, not sure why you're having an issue with participants/* without knowing more information and possibly seeing some screenshots.

Hi Partick,

calls/<callid>/participants/* with rxAudioMute = true is worked for all participants.

I need specific participants for audio mute

Gotcha, then you need to use the /callLegs/<callLeg ID> which will only apply to the call that is using that call leg.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: