Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Compatibility with Cisco Meeting Place

scr.sybex1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

On of my customer have an old video conferencing infra with cisco meeting place.

I am new to video conferecing scenario and really don't know how cisco meetingplace work.

the question is that if want to upgrade the video conferencing solution to cisco CMS, is it support the old Tandberg and Cisco Meeting Place Endpoints?

I appreciate if someone could answer the question and refer a document that help me.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MP was EOS before Acano was acquired by Cisco, thus, there was no official testing between those products. Once a product is EOS, there is no compatibility testing with newer products/releases.

I don't know what you mean by MP endpoints???

In the end, whether the endpoints work, or not, will depend on codec interoperability. If they don't use a codec CMS supports, it won't work. Refer to the CMS documentation for compatible codecs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MP was EOS before Acano was acquired by Cisco, thus, there was no official testing between those products. Once a product is EOS, there is no compatibility testing with newer products/releases.

I don't know what you mean by MP endpoints???

In the end, whether the endpoints work, or not, will depend on codec interoperability. If they don't use a codec CMS supports, it won't work. Refer to the CMS documentation for compatible codecs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate