Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS - Out of Licenses?

I've been asked to answer the question "What happens when we're out of licenses on our CMS?" I'm trying to find out what the users are going to experience in the event that they have used up all of the SMP and PMP licenses, and another user tries to set up a meeting. I have 5 SMP and 25 PMP licenses, and for now this is an unlikely scenario in my environment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brian,

1. If the users are on P2P video call and trying to escalate to ad-hoc video conference, then they will receive busy signal. They will not know whether its system resource issue or license issue.

2. If the users are trying to schedule video conference meeting using TMS Schedulers, they may receive resource not available (dont know the exacting error message). They will not know whether its license issue.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Personal Multiparty Plus (PMP Plus) provides a named host license assigned to each specific user who frequently hosts video meetings. It allows users to host conferences of any size (within the limits of the Cisco Meeting Server hardware deployed). If a PMP Plus license is exceeded, then SMP Plus licenses are assigned (but it doesn’t work other way i.e. if a SMP Plus license is exceeded, then PMP Plus licenses are not assigned).

Shared Multiparty Plus (SMP Plus) provides a concurrent license that is shared by multiple users who host video meetings infrequently. Each shared host license supports one concurrent video meeting of any size (within the limits of the hardware deployed).

If both PMP+ and SMP+ licenses are consumed, then users will not be able to host additional meetings on CMS server. In this case, users may receive busy signal or error message for ad-hoc /scheduled conference call.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Vaijnath, thanks for your reply!

I'm hoping to provide a definitive answer to the question.  Will the error message state that there are no more licenses, or will the meeting just fail to set up and the user won't know that the issue is related to licensing?

Brian

Hi Brian,

1. If the users are on P2P video call and trying to escalate to ad-hoc video conference, then they will receive busy signal. They will not know whether its system resource issue or license issue.

2. If the users are trying to schedule video conference meeting using TMS Schedulers, they may receive resource not available (dont know the exacting error message). They will not know whether its license issue.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

That is the information I needed.  Thank you!

I am glad that I was helpful.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello, Vaijanath!

This is an old post, but one question. We are using CMS 3.3 here and, when there is no SMP License available, the system alows to make the conference, but, the system enter in an out of license after some time and a message shows in all meetings. There some way to disable this behavior, blocking the meetings if there is no SMP licenses ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: