Helpful
Replies

Conference Option Missing from Jabber for Mac

Gary Parker
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 11.5.1-12900-21
IM&P 11.5.1.12900-25
Various Jabber clients (iOS, Mac, Windows tested with 12.1.1, 12.0, 11.9, 11.8.1)

Afternoon all, I’ve had a call from a user stating that they’re unable to start ad-hoc audio conferences from their Jabber for Mac client. I’ve tested this on my own client (12.1.1 on macOS 10.14.1) and found that clicking the elipsis/more button during a call only gives me the option of Transfer, Hold and Merge (greyed out). The observed behaviour is the same whether the client is in softphone (MRA, VPN or on-prem) or deskphone control mode.

Logging in with the same credentials (and, by extension, using the same Unified Client Services Framework device in CUCM) on Windows 10 (Jabber for Windows 12.1.1), placing a call and clicking the elipsis/more button gives me Transfer, Hold and Merge (greyed out) and Conference.

The conference button is also visible when using the latest version of the iOS client.

Another user reports that the Conference option used to be available on his Mac client but that it disappeared a number of revisions ago.

- is this functionality still present in the Mac client?

- any idea why it’s not showing up on my devices?

12 Replies 12

A_
Level 1
Level 1
What is the status? We're using version 12.5. This only affects Cisco Jabber for Mac

Hi there

Just curious, if you are facing this defect

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg12906

Unable to initiate conference call from Cisco Jabber for Mac
CSCvg12906

Description
Symptom:
Procedure:
Login Cisco Jabber for Mac
Make a call from CJM to CJI
Answer the call in CJI
Make a conference call form CJM
There is no conference button to make a conference call

Note: Cisco Jabber for Mac can able to merge conference call, but not able to initiate conference call from Mac

Actual Behavior:
Unable to initiate conference call from Cisco Jabber for Mac

Expected Behavior:
User needs to initiate conference call from Cisco Jabber for Mac

Open
Severity:
6 Enhancement

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Yeah, that pretty much covers it. Basically, the conference option is MIA from the Jabber for Mac client.

This seems it, yes. Sadly, cisco categorized it as an enhancement? This is a bug in my opinion and a big one

hi there, using jabber for mac 12.8.2 but still no conference option.

seems they have introduced it in 12.9

It is not in 12.9. 

I had asked and received dead air about the status of this. Merge works, but yes the conference option is missing and this just creates more steps and differentiated directions.

fstoiber_zid
Level 1
Level 1

still not working with Jabber Version: 12.9.5.305096
any workaround to start conference call from Mac?

Mac: 10.16.0
MacBook Pro

The workaround remains to use the join or merge function to combine two or more calls into a conference.

The "merge" function does not work for me.
This option is gray in an active call and cannot be selected.
other suggestion?

You have two calls going with one on hold yes? I don't think there would be an interaction with call counts as you're not creating a third call - but you do have to have resources available for a conference.

"two calls going with one on hold"
Thanks for the information, that worked for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: