Hey Guys,

Quick Overview of my setup:

Jabber for Windows 10.5

CUCM 10.5

IM and Presence 10.5

Microsoft Active Directory on Windows Server 2012R2

LDAP Integration via EDI with Directory URI Attribute set to "mail"

Voice Services Domain is different from the Active Directory Domain

I'm having problems getting the Jabber for Windows client to display the correct IM Address when looking up a user. The Cisco documentation for configuring this is a little mystifying, but I finally tracked down the the jabber-config.xml line "<UserAccountName>mail</UserAccountName>" under <Directory> but setting this causes some strange behaviour where the IM address becomes firstname.lastname@emaildomain.com@voiceservicesdomain.com.

If you leave the field empty then the client resolves UserID@voiceservicesdomain.com. Now I have set the Directory URI in CUCM to be the "mail" attribute, and I have synced this with the users but this is ignored by the Jabber Client. The IM and Presence server is set to use Directory URI as well.

The only way I have managed to get the correct IM Address to display is to set another Active Directory Attribute field to "firstname.lastname", for example you set the "ipPhone" attribute in Active Directory.

According to the Documentation this should work, but does anyone know why the client insists on using either sAMAccountName@voiceservicesdomain.com or when set to email it insists on suffixing "@voiceservicesdomain" to the IM Address?

Interested to see who else is hitting this issue.

Cheers,

James

1 Reply 1

MPG_GV_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

we have exact the same problem. Did you find a solution for the problem?

Regards

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: