cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Jabber for Mac with local CUCM and WebEx Connect

pgillis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been able to configure the Jabber for Mac 8.6.2 client to use the WebEx Connect presence server with a local CUCM and Unity Connection servers. The preferences accounts tab does not show or allow the addition of the voice services. I have added from a working local CUCM preferences plist file what I believe are the correct entries however I still cannot see the accounts on the preferences tab. We currently do not have a local cisco presence server hence the requirement to trial the WebEx Connect server as I can't get past the first configuration step without it.

regards

paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to login to your Webex portal and turn on these parameters for Connect.  Once they are allowed, log out/log back into Connect and you should be able to configure CUCM TFTP, etc.     

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to login to your Webex portal and turn on these parameters for Connect.  Once they are allowed, log out/log back into Connect and you should be able to configure CUCM TFTP, etc.     

Thanks, after much looking and getting a magic setting done by webex, I was able to get to the settings. The phone integration is configured and working. Now if only I can get the integration into Lync so I only have one presence client operating.

Hi - I have done this via the admin portal but still cannot get the Jabber client for Mac to register for voice.  The Windows version works fine for the same user and CUCM device.   Are there any other settings that need to be enabled specific to the Mac client?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: