cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controlling WebEx Audio Settings

bphillips
Level 1
Level 1

Issue:  WebEx application is improperly controlling my audio settings.  How can I disable WebEx control of my audio [microphone sensitivity and speaker volume]?  I am comfortable editing configuration files if necessary.  The system audio is well calibrated outside of WebEx.

Symptoms:  With the automatically adjust setting selected within WebEx audio, the application adjusts microphone gain to maximum.  It also seems to override the system's ability to filter background noise which is not high in my office.  At maximum gain, the excellent microphone is picking up faint breathing noises, the sound of rustling clothes, bathroom noises from other parts of the building. 

With the automatically adjust setting de-selected, the application sets microphone and speaker gain to maximum every time I enter a meeting.  Imagine incredible feedback and distorting speakers.  I do not dare wear my headset.

Both conditions are unprofessional and unacceptable.  Please help.

Platform:  OS X 10.11.4, iMac "mid 2011"

2 Replies 2

tkukler
Level 1
Level 1

I have same mic auto-adjusting problem, Mac Catalina 10.15.7 and Teams v 41.2.0. I would rather have it flat configured to "40" or something of my choosing.

alisha_rascon01
Level 1
Level 1

Your meeting settings and preferences are organized into a single menu where you can set your speaker and microphone, adjust volume levels, and set smart audio features.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/idbbo9/Select-audio-settings-for-Webex-Meetings-and-Webex-Webinars#Cisco_Task_in_List_GUI.dita_a1a6c5b8-bbe9-4210-b95f-35c86b74a6ca

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: