I also would like to have a pop-up for any incoming chats. Actually most of our users utilize chat much more than any phone-related feature, but I do appreciate the opportunity to give feedback to your questions.
5) If by Admin setting you mean that an admin could lock this down, then yes. If yo umean that a User would NOT have access to this setting then NO.
6) no experience with video
Thanks for the feedback Pat.
IM notification improvements are also on our backlog but not currently scheduled for a specific release. Thanks for the bump though. I know that this has been something requested by several users and your input helps.
1. No, if at all possible don't even bring up the window, only bring up the window when someone clicks on their name for the chat facility there is no need for it to pop up during a phone call at all.
2. No the only time that window should appear in the forground is when someone clicks on someones name to get the chat window up, it should not pop up at all for phone conversations, in fact it shouldnt pop up at all it should only be accessable when someone wants to use the chat function.
6. If it is just for video call then yes deffinitly or people would have to go and open the window every time for makeing video calls which would annoy them just as much as having to minimize it for normal calls.
I second Shane French
1.)NO, should not bring to front (preferably let this be a user setting default to NO)
2.)NO, should not bring to front (preferably let this be a user setting default to NO)
4.) default to not bring to front
5.) Sure, why not?
6.) NO, user settings should always take precedence.
Just for the record, this issue is the biggest complaint I hear about Jabber. Having a few user-preferences and admin controllable defaults would really help."
I see that it is on the roadmap but ... this is the biggest issue people have next to your pop-up on call.
I have a user who calls people then starts trying to update the support ticket and when he is trying to do that it switches the call to Voicemail. Thus popping up and taking focus.
4.)Yes. I think all new options added to the client going forward should be a user prefreance in the client and controllable via the options file we administer User setting taking pirority over global.
Always let the user choose then give the Jabber-config file the ability to affect this change aslo.
Working with an Enterprise customer doing their world wide pilot now. This has the potential to affect over 70,000 users if they go live with Jabber. This seems to be a real show stopper and we need to know how soon this will be resolved!
1. Definitely No pop-up when on CTI. (Default - not bring to front! Option jabber-config.xml would be a plus not necessary)
2. Defintely No call control window should be hidden. (Default - immediately hidden or minimized! Option jabber-config.xml would be a plus not necessary)
3. Yes (Definitely a Plus)
4. Unchecked by Default (Should be a user preference in the client and controllable via the options file.)
6. Yes/No Yes if video is shown on PC / No if video is shown on desk phone like 9971
Several messages in my email this morning asking about how to disable the pop-up because it takes up too much space on their screen. Found this thread in my research, so here's more feedback for you. Thank you for your persistence in helping to get these enhancements for our customers!
Paul mentioned above about the interaction with UCCX and I would like to add that it's an issue with the Attendant Console as well. 1) users control their phone via the console software, so they don't need/want Jabber to pop up for each call as it takes focus away from the console and 2) there is a "Send Instant Message" option when you right click on a Directory entry, but it is grayed out. We're told it's for future use, so it would be nice if that was integrated with the Jabber client as we were expecting. The user clicks that link and it opens a chat within Jabber.
Are the enhancements in this discussion for the 9.4 release? Other than "Summer 2013" is there a more specific timeline that we can anticipate that release? Thank you!
1)When in CTI (desk phone) control mode and I make or answer a call from my desk phone Jabber SHOULD NOT bring the conversation window to the front of all other open applications, yes or no?
(DEFAULT TO NO - Prefer it to be a User Settable Option)
2)When in CTI (desk phone) control mode and I initiate a call from within Jabber on my computer or click "Accept" on the Jabber call toast window on my computer the conversation window SHOULD come to the front of all other open applications, yes or no?
(DEFAULT TO NO - Prefer it to be a User Settable Option)
3)Should there be a user option to "Never bring conversation window to the front when in desk phone control mode", yes or no?
4)If this is a user option, should that user option be checked or unchecked by default?
Doesnt Matter to me
5)Should this option (also) be an admin setting, yes or no?
Can i also please get an update as to where we stand on any of this..
I see this dating back for over a year, and here the last post as recent as July 2013..
And a lot of users just about everyone on this post requesting the exact same i am, however i am on the newest Jabber, and see no tweaks to any of the settings listed in items 1-6
Please advise to where we stand on this..
I too have tons of users complaining about the "pop up" and wanting to disable, and in addition tons of users that love the pop up..
And SOME users WHO hate the fact that if you minimize the Converstation window and you get a new chat message it only blinks and doesnt POP UP!! this need to be another user customizable settting
1. Yes - This is a real issue for our Call Center - and most of them don't login to Jabber (which certainly makes the whole Presence concept ineffective.)
2. Yes - This would seem to more of a "normal" function, but both issues 1 and 2 should be useer options.
5. Yes - especially if it could be configured on a per user basis. Then IT could set this based on department and job function withour having to train the users.
Finally, I know you've already read this many times, but please configure an option in Jabber to bring the chat window to the front when a message is received. This is the BIGGEST complaint that I have received from my users with Jabber. This is more important than the call window because instant messages are being missed when the chat windows remains minimized in the taskbar.
One last thing, where can we submit feature requests? The link provided in a previous post was not valid. Statuses are extremely important in our organization, and we are migrating our employees to Jabber from an older app they used to set their statuses. Unfortunately in Jabber you cannot see the status of someone else if they are offline. Our employees are used to "marking" their phone saying that they are out of the office, back at x:xx AM. However, they cannot do this in Jabber because once they log off their computer, they are offline in Jabber. Any chance of having the ability to set an offline custom status that displays when the user is offline?
Any ETA on these items, pretty much everyone wants the same thing. I would like to give some sort of ETA to users and management.
One further feature that would be nice is for Jabber to remember its location where the user moved the pop-up window to. Upon exit of Jabber the location resets to a default position.
I want to also jump on with s_MCNALLY.. Any ETA on these changes.. since it seems there are a ton of users bugging us in IT for these changes.. I am starting to do jabber training sessions with my users come next week, and i know the first couple quesitons are going to be all the points being brough out in this post.. Please cisco... pay attention to the users, and the IT Staff supporting them, this is NOT A SMALL request, this is something that is annoying the everyday user and leaving them with a BAD TASTE in there mouth about jabber.. i have users closing and not using it due to these issues!!!!
If you are typing on a document, web site, etc., users find it very annoying that some of their key strokes disappear because of the focus change. This is particularly annoying to people in our call center that get a lot of calls.
I would also like the option to have chat windows popup if the user would like that.