cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert a .webex file to another file type?

Lstap002
Level 1
Level 1

I recently scheduled a meeting and was saving the recording to my desktop.  My window accidentally closed during the meeting but luckily this didn't disrupt the other participants.  I logged back in and was able to record the remainder of the meeting successfully.  However, when I went to the first part of the meeting that had ended prematurely, I didn't have a regular file type, rather it was a .webex file.  I don't know how to convert it.  I contacted Cisco customer support and they didn't know either but suggested that perhaps a third-party software conversion tool might be able to do it.  Has anyone seen a file type like this?  Does anyone know how I can get it into a usable format?

Thank you

Laura

42 Replies 42

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Cisco WebEx supports two recording file types .ARF or .WRF. I don't think you got the correct file type and I also do not know any third-party tools that can support .webex file type. Have you tried changing the file extension from .webex to .wrf or .arf and using one of the below WebEx player?

1. WebEx Network Recording Player for Advanced Recording Format (.arf) files

2. WebEx Recorder and Player for Recording Format (.wrf) files.

Please rate if this information is helpful.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello, thanks for your initiation to help me.

I tried all those procedure. even though i couldn't make it. please help me if any other procedure to make it.

thank you

Hello,

I just renamed the file to .mp4 and I worked for me, video saved !

That worked for me, thank you!!!

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
a .webex file is the placeholder for the actual file. If the recording was interrupted, this file is non usable, basically corrupted. Its kind of the same as just a normal download. Some browsers set the file as .download until the file completes, but until then its just a fragment.

SENTEC_Jordy
Level 1
Level 1
Hi all, I encountered exact same problem today. So is it confirmed the meeting recording would be corrupted already? Thanks~~~

roscoedouglas
Level 1
Level 1

I have had this happen as well. I suggest copying the .webex file (so you have a backup) then manually changing the extension to you .mp4 

Hi all,

Renaming the file worked for me. The conversion process was almost complete and only failed at the last stage when it needed to rename the file because there was another recording in the same folder with the same name. We had some connection issues during the meeting and I restarted the recording using the same name with the intention of overwriting the first recording.

Proud

Worked for me, great!

Worked for me, Thanks

lara.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

You can play a .webex file with VLC media Player, but you have to chose from the video tab / video track / share_send option and the video will show

Regards

I didn't believe it either, but I did it.

I made Webex believe I just registered the file to convert.

I made a new one minute recording, gave it a very simple name: "1" and had it saved in the same place where there was the file to convert (when Webex asks where to save the file).

Without closing webex, I deleted the registration I just made. I renamed the file to convert: "1".
I closed Webex and the conversion started.

Of course the conversion is not immediate, it depends on the length of the file.

The conversion ends when the .webex file disappear.

Paola

Nope, tried what I understood was your method. I started a meeting, recorded a simple recording with the name of "2", stopped the recording, deleted "2" and then renamed my "corrupted" .webex recording file to "2.webex" then ended the meeting. However, the conversion process failed. Apparently my 208Mb recording is actually corrupted and I've lost that hour of effort. :-(

Hi,
I'm sorry, I have recovered a lot with this method.
Maybe with another computer it works.
Paola
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: