cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert a .webex file to another file type?

Lstap002
Level 1
Level 1

I recently scheduled a meeting and was saving the recording to my desktop.  My window accidentally closed during the meeting but luckily this didn't disrupt the other participants.  I logged back in and was able to record the remainder of the meeting successfully.  However, when I went to the first part of the meeting that had ended prematurely, I didn't have a regular file type, rather it was a .webex file.  I don't know how to convert it.  I contacted Cisco customer support and they didn't know either but suggested that perhaps a third-party software conversion tool might be able to do it.  Has anyone seen a file type like this?  Does anyone know how I can get it into a usable format?

Thank you

Laura

42 Replies 42

Hi,
try moving the newly recorded file to another folder. The important thing is that webex is convinced that it has to convert the old file.
I apologize for my English, I helped myself with Translate

Did you stop recording before deleting the file?
Maybe the problem is that

Maybe you didn't click on stop in Webex?

This really saved me! Thanks Paola!!

Thank you, Paola. It works. You've saved the day. Great!

Do you delete the new one while still recording? Or do you press "Stop recording" and stay in the meeting while you delete it?

Thank you, it was helpful.

It converted almost, last 15 mins audio was perfect but video was corrupted.

This worked for me after I closed webex without stopping the recording.......  

Thanks for the solution. It worked perfectly for me.

AhmedK
Level 1
Level 1

This may be a bit late, but I had the same problem today.  I used Movie Maker 10 - FREE on a Windows machine, and it worked like a charm.  I now have the mp4 file.  The only trick is that when you try to open the .Webex file, you will have to select “All formats” in order to be able to see the .Webex file.

Ahmed

khaledalattab
Level 1
Level 1

The WEBEX file contain two media files: one is your webcam video with the audio from the webex meeting and the other file is the screen-cast of the meeting. first file you can open directly (open-with) windows media player (WMP). The other file can be opened as (media source from PC) inside OBS studio program. You can combine both beautifully in OBS if you case the WMP file and record it as screen-cast in OBS while the other file as (medium source) then you can place your webcam video anywhere you want on top of the other file ... But you need to learn how to use the OBS. See my 101 tutorial on YouTube: https://youtu.be/FFma8IuWSUc    

Hi,

You might want to try this steps to force Webex to reconvert you .webex file:

1. Identify the location of the file to converted.
  2. Open your Webex and start new meeting
  3. Start Webex meeting recording and ensure the destination is same with file to be converted. Named it differently from the file to be converted.
  4. After about 5-10 sec recording, stop your recording
  5. Go to your destination file location and delete file created in step 3 (new recording file). Rename file to be converted same as in step 3
  6. End your meeting in webex and your file to be converted will start to convert.

It works like charm for me~!

Hello,

I have just renamed the file from .webex to .mp4 and it worked for me !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: