cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy text (CTRL+C) pasting into Jabber search field

michael.lax1
Level 4
Level 4

I have one person that randomly has copied text being pasted into the Jabber search field.  This happens in at least two applications (Internet Explorer and Outlook).  Although this is expected behavior for CTRL+SHIFT+J, that is not what he is doing.  I confirmed the jabber-config-defaults.xml has not been modified.  I don't know what else might be causing this, especially since it does not always happen. Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks,

Michael Lax

6 Replies 6

Kyle Stewart
Level 1
Level 1

It's funny. I JUST came across this feature on website that helps you configure your jabber-config.xml file (www.ciscojabber.io).

If you highlight text and press Ctrl+Shift+J it will bring Jabber to the forefront and paste the text in the search field. I had no idea this was possible until literally 5 minutes ago but I bet this is what is happening.

JShort
Level 1
Level 1

I have this issue as well, text is getting copied into Jabber using CTRL+C... Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

kimderuiter
Level 1
Level 1

I still have this issue, even in the latest Jabber version. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Hi 

We have a customer experiencing the same issue. Did you ever find a solution to it? 

Regards

Max

You can try this , i had seen this for Lync and Skype for Business 

Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.

Here, locate the rdclip.exe process, right-click on it, and select End process.

Next, click File tab > Run new task. Type rdpclip.exe and hit Enter.

wlb42
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a solution to this issue yet? rdpclip.exe is not running on my computer and this issue is hugely annoying!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: