cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC SMART Licensing Basic messaging will not use available Enhanced messaging license

tsauer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 12.5 Unity connection registered to a SMART satellite.

The satellite is synchronized with Cisco.

I have 20 available Enhanced Messaging licenses.

When I add a standard User with mailbox, the system shows that I am not in compliance. 

From Licensing satellite:

License                                  Purchased       In Use        Balance     Alerts

Basic Messaging (12.x)                 0                  3                -3          Insufficient Licenses

Enhanced Messaging (12.x)         20                 0                 20

I have a similar situation with phone licenses. I only have CUWL licenses. When I add a single phone, the system uses a CUWL license instead of the unavailable Enhanced license.

Is the behavior of messaging licenses different that phone licenses? I understood them to be the same. You can steal from a higher license tier.

Thanks in advance 

7 Replies 7

xromelmx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you ever figure this issue out. I literally have the exact same issue

Are you using License Reservation ? If you are using license reservation, license will not be borrowed from upper tier.

Response Signature

It should defensively be able to borrow from the upper tier. We do that on our systems, see below screenshot from a pre-production system.

Snag_8cf9f7.png

Response Signature

There is a bug on this for CUCM licenses

Cisco Smart licensing satellite cannot borrow license from higher level
CSCvh16069

Gregory, please do not post the bug information aside from the bug ID and the bug name, you need to be logged in with a CCO account in order to see that information and by posting it, you're bypassing that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java Just trying to help out. The information is not a private cisco bug. 

Restricted the information more. Think it should probably be in CUCM/ CUC guides the move to smart licensing has been a pain.

I don't see it being public knowledge a bad thing in anyway. 

Ping me directly if you have a document that discuss not dissemination information on the bug portal publicly anywhere.