Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 443 connection refused for APNS

AVITYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit stuck trying to enable APNS to have Jabber working (14.1.2 update brought issues where local push is not working and only APNS implementation would make Jabber work on iOS devices). I'm getting a "connection refused" when checking connectivity to push.webexconnect.com 443, but can normally ping it from CUCM. I understand I have to open port 443 from CUCM publisher for outbound HTTPS requests, but I can't find where and how to do this.

Thanks in advance for an assistance,
Kind regards

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You have to open the ports on a possible firewall. Or if using a HTTP proxy, open the traffic to cisco sites there. This is not done on the CUCM itself. I would say, you speak to your network/FW colleagues.

As @b.winter wrote you don’t do this in CM. It’s in your border firewall where you need to allow the CMs to access internet on port 443 or if you use a proxy to provide internet access you’ll need to configure that on the Push Notification settings page in CM.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: