Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.2 and Jabber 11.5 for Windows directory issues

Luis Ruiz Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been experiencing some issues with Jabber for Windows version 11.5 and I hope someone can throw some light.

I am currently running CUCM version 9.1.2 in a cluster 1:1 and I am trying to deploy Jabber for Windows 11.5 in phone-only mode. I have 2 UC profiles created called Jabber and JabberV2. In JabberV2 I have configured IM and Presence server and when I start jabber in Windows, my profile loads correctly with my full name, profile picture, department, etc. I can also make directory searches with no problem for users within our cluster and in other clusters from different regions like EMEA. So far so good. The only thing that doesn't work well is when I try to use jabber for iphone. Jabber works well, chat and presence work well but the contact resolution doesnt work and my own profile doesnt load, it only shows my userid@domain.com, but this is not priority for the moment.

My real struggle starts when I try to use the UC jabber profile that doesn't use IM and Presence because the only intention of this profile is to provide phone and video services for some specific users. So I am trying to deploy phone-only mode for these users. When I start jabber in Windows, my AD profile doesn't load well, instead of my full name I have my userid (123456@), my profile pic doesnt load nor any other information from AD like department or job title. Directory searches work well intercluster when I dont mark UDS contact resolution within the UC Profile otherwise I can only search contacts within my cluster. Jabber for iphone instead was now loading my profile information with picture and everything but directory searches were working well.

I guess I am a little stuck and confused but I am sure someone has configured something similar if not the same and I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks and I look forward  to reading your comments,

Luis

2 Replies 2

Luis Ruiz Lopez
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, Any idea, suggestion or guide to try to solve the issue? Thanks so much in advance,

Hi,

The solution was to modify the xml file. I read this in a different post but I guess I had few other parameters that were also interfering. So this would be the file that works good for my Jabber for Windows.

I have added the BDI section to test Jabber for Iphone but it is not working. I cannot search the directory and my user profile doesn't load correctly (123456@domain.com). Is there anything that you would say I am missing?

Thanks for your help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType> 
<PrimaryServerName>Server1.domain.com</PrimaryServerName>
<ServerPort1>636</ServerPort1>
<SecondaryServerName>Server2.domain.com</SecondaryServerName>
<ServerPort2>636</ServerPort2>
<UseWindowsCredentials>1</UseWindowsCredentials>
<PresenceDomain>Domain.com</PresenceDomain> 
<UseSecureConnection>0</UseSecureConnection>
<SearchBase1>OU=E,DC=Domain,DC=com</SearchBase1>
<SearchTimeout>8</SearchTimeout>
</Directory>
<Options>
<Start_Client_On_Start_OS>true</Start_Client_On_Start_OS>
</Options>
<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>BDI</DirectoryServerType>
<BDIPresenceDomain>Domain.com</BDIPresenceDomain> 
<BDIPrimaryServerName>Server1.domain.com</BDIPrimaryServerName>
<BDIServerPort1>636</BDIServerPort1>
<BDISecondaryServerName>Server2.domain.com</BDISecondaryServerName>
<ServerPort2>636</ServerPort2>
<BDISearchBase1>OU=E,DC=Domain,DC=com</BDISearchBase1>
<BDILDAPServerType>AD</BDILDAPServerType>
<BDIEnableTLS>False</BDIEnableTLS>
</Directory>
</config>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: