Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and IM&Presence Cluster for DR

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Can we have more then 1 subscriber  in IMP, I have one deployment where customer want to Deploy Disaster recovery site with another subscriber . Currently customer having 1IMP PUB and 1 IMP Subscriber which is hosted in main site.

Customer having Be7H servers which is having local storage so we dont have any option of Vmotion and SRM

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Jaime

As per the document i have doubts 

A subcluster contains a maximum of two servers and allows for users associated with one server of the subcluster to use the other server in the subcluster automatically if a failover event occurs. Cisco IM and Presence Service does not provide failover between subclusters.

As per document If this is not providing failover between subcluster then how my users will shift to DR subscriber in case of main dc fails , because Main dc already having 1 Subscriber and 1 publisher which is part of one subcluster and we cannot add more then 2 servers in 1 subcluster

Your option will be keep one server in HQ and move the subscriber to DR.

Response Signature

Hi,

The HA is between servers in a subcluster, not between subclusters.

Maybe I'm confused by your requirements, but it would seem like for each subcluster you would put one of your servers in one DC and the other in the other DC. Each server in a subcluster should be on a different physical server. I try to put them on different VLANs and their disks in different LUNs for a SAN. If you distribute the two servers in the subcluster across different DCs even better.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The solution may not operate properly with nodes out of service (particular with Jabber and MRA) . I would review your options with your virtualization solution to offer a recovery method by moving the guest in case of site failure, and physically diversify your hosts and VM guest assignments. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: