Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and TEAMS

asmlicense
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We wants to use Windows Teams on cloud and CUCM on premise. How can we integrate it?

Thanks in advance

75 Replies 75

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I don't think there is a readily available integration document for Cisco UC and MS Teams. The ability to deliver fully call-enabled Microsoft Teams clients in coordination with Cisco services is enabled by the Microsoft Direct Routing capability and corresponding Session Border Controller (SBC). This allows the Microsoft Teams clients to utilize the Cisco UC estate for communications with devices as well as PSTN connectivity.

Unfortunately, you have dig into more details on how to set up these.

Some good info for you

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Direct-Routing-enables-new-enterprise-voice-options-in-Microsoft/ba-p/170450

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Direct-Routing-is-now-Generally-Available/ba-p/210359

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-plan

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Hello, 

I need to intregate Microsoft teams to Cisco on-premise. There is any way to make it?

Thank you.

Regards,

Easy - you need smart consultants who can do CLI programming on Microsoft side.

A free tip - you need to program CUCM, Microsoft Teams, Your SIP trunk box (may be your Cisco voice gateway router), and the SBC (Session Border Controller); Ribbon SBC works now.

We have Teams clients working on Iphone, Android phones and desktops.

We can make Teams and PSTN calls from both sides.

Hello All,

I am in the process of achieving the same. But it has been difficult because I don't even know the right document or manual to use. My scenario details is below:

We just purchased a Ribbon SBC1000

We have existing Cisco CME version 10 that currently have PSTN line connected to an FXO port

We connected another External Telephone line to the SBC FXO port

We have been able to enable enterprise voice for Teams users and have connected the SBC with Microsoft Teams

We want to be able to make external call via the line attached to the FXO port on the SBC and also be able to make call via the Cisco Gateway from Teams users.

The document to configure the FXO on the SBC for inbound and outbound calls is not available. And there is also no guide that I can follow to configure Teams users to make call via the Cisco CME.

I would appreciate if anyone could guide me in the right direction.

Easy - you need smart consultants who can do CLI programming on Microsoft side.

A free tip - you need to program CUCM, Microsoft Teams, Your SIP trunk box (may be your Cisco voice gateway router), and the SBC (Session Border Controller); Ribbon SBC works now.

We have Teams clients working on Iphone, Android phones and desktops.

We can make Teams and PSTN calls from both sides.

We at DCC have done many times successfully.

I can give you a demo and presentation.

Please contact me.

a guha at dcc il dot com

We have deployed TE-Systems Anynode which has provided call transfer to Microsoft Teams. Let me know if you would like to explore the options.

Hi PrabhatNigam83452,

Thanks for your help. Is Anynode free because we already purchased Sonus SBC.

It is not free but very cost effective.

Hey, I am looking for a general guide to hook CUCM to TEAMS server.  Is it as easy as creating a SIP trunk to TEAMS ?

Hi there, did you get an answer on this, we too are looking at this as a solution

Use an SBC, Session Border Controller from Ribbon

Read the manual.

Program the Ribbon SBC to take the SIP trunk.

Get the online manuals for Teams.

Works really well.

I am sure you will be able to do it.

good luck.

On the Teams side I'm assuming the E5 license is required correct?
Thankss,
Paul.

Is your team do consulting we need the similar solution 

@aguha wrote:

We have used an SBC and connected it successfully for our production environment.

Now all our iphones and desktops can make calls using Teams or Jabber.

it was tricky for our CCIE voice engineer with Microsoft expertise.

But it was done.

Let us know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: