cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: CUCM and TEAMS

Easy - you need smart consultants who can do CLI programming on Microsoft side.

A free tip - you need to program CUCM, Microsoft Teams, Your SIP trunk box (may be your Cisco voice gateway router), and the SBC (Session Border Controller); Ribbon SBC works now.

We have Teams clients working on Iphone, Android phones and desktops.

We can make Teams and PSTN calls from both sides.

Beginner

We know exactly how to do it and have connected them together.

Please contact.

Contributor

Can you provide a bit more insight on this please?

Wondering if you were able to get calling working between MS & Cisco via SIP trunk?

Were you able to get any other features/functions working?

What the the end user experience like?

Thanks,

Paul.

Beginner

I am in the process of setting up a Ribbon SBC in between Teams and CUCM now. Looks like a fairly easy setup. I'll post any gotcha's we encounter.

Highlighted
Beginner

I am hoping to use and CUBE or Cisco SBC. But I would prefer a direct SIP trunk from CUCM to TEAMS. My question is how the extensions handled or is this just mainly for PSTN routing?

Beginner

We use same 4 digit extensions for both Teams & Cucm.

We have Ribbon SBC working in between our cucm and sip trunk.

Beginner

Just like cucm

You can use the same extensions for both systems

Beginner

Good luck

Beginner

Good luck to you.

Beginner

Successful ?

Beginner

Can you provide a bit more insight on this please? -----What kind of insight ? Please find a compatible SBC; Read its manuals; Then read the Microsoft Teams manuals; Then read CUCM manuals - and it is easy after that.

Wondering if you were able to get calling working between MS & Cisco via SIP trunk?--- Yes - we have got connections working both ways; We have Teams clients on the iphone, jabber and jabber clients; Each can call each other,

Were you able to get any other features/functions working? Which functions are you talking about ? Transfer, conference, Hold, Join ? Make calls - all work both ways.

What the the end user experience like? Teams and Jabber experience is same - video is better with Teams;

Beginner

Easy - you need smart consultants who can do CLI programming on Microsoft side.

A free tip - you need to program CUCM, Microsoft Teams, Your SIP trunk box (may be your Cisco voice gateway router), and the SBC (Session Border Controller); Ribbon SBC works now.

We have Teams clients working on Iphone, Android phones and desktops.

We can make Teams and PSTN calls from both sides.

aguha at dccil dot com

Beginner

Use an SBC, Session Border Controller from Ribbon

Read the manual.

Program the Ribbon SBC to take the SIP trunk.

Get the online manuals for Teams.

Get the online manuals for your CUCM and Voice Gateway.

Then find a CCIE & MCSE engineers who will do this programming.

Takes anywhere between 10 hours to 50-60 hours for an experienced voip programmer.

We were able to do it but paid our CCIE engineer consultant to get it down.

Works really well.

I am sure you will be able to do it.

good luck.

Beginner

Beginner

I spent a lot of time setting this up, but finally it works. Here are the very basic steps I took:

- you need a MS certified SBC to make this. I used Anynode, but there are others like Ribbon, I'm sure they will work as well

- For the O365 side, there are a lot of PowerShell things to be done (add the SBC from the Microsoft side, create dial-rules and policies etc.)
Most of them are well documented in Randy's Lync, Skype, Teams and UC Blog
http://lynciverse.blogspot.com/2018/06/how-to-microsoft-teams-direct-routing.html

- MS Teams users Need at least E1 or E3 License + Phone System Add-on. Users owning E5 licenses are good to go.

- The MS Teams Extension will be added as remote Destination into CUCM to make Inbound calls to the user ring on the Teams side

- MS Teams Outbound calls are masked on the SBC-SIP trunk inbound side within CUCM for signalling the CUCM exension of the user instead of his Teams phone number

Regards
Oliver

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here