Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM version to support integration with Skype 2016

martymar832
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I am being tasked with testing and integrating Skype for Business 2016 into our CUCM System version: 10.5.2.17900-13.

We currently have Jabber but one of our divisions wants to use

I have seen some other posts on here that it is compatible but not supported on that CUCM version 10.5.2

- If it is compatible, which configuration guide do I use to configure and set it up?????

- I want to get the basic phone calling working.

- I read on a post that for full Webex, IM&P, Directory Look Up, that I would need to upgrade to 11.X

Thank you, Community!

1 Reply 1

Hi, 

The officially supported version of Skype for the business of call manager release 11 or earlier is Skype for business 2015. Cisco official support on Skype for business 2016 start with Cisco call manager release 11.6 [S4B2016-CUCM support ]. 

The officially supported version S4B is 2015 with your call manager release. but that doesn't mean that it never works. the phone calling definitely work with CUCM 10.5

you can follow the following link for the configuration detail 

Configure CUCM for Interoperation with Skype for Business Server

irrespective of the Skype version, the basic phone calling functionality will work when you have a SIP trunk with the Lync gateway and routing configured properly on both entities. 

Regards,

Shalid