cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 8.6(4) and Enable Calendar in Presence Status

Matthew Berry
Level 1
Level 1

Based on my research, the only way to enable calendar present status for Jabber for Windows clients is to have the end-user log into the CUP user portal.  From that portal they can navigate down to "Calender Settings" and Select "Include calendar information in my presence status" to [On].

This message is a departure from earlier versions of Jabber/CUPC where users had the option to administer this feature from the client itself.  As it presently stands, end users now have to be educated to use another portal other than CCM User to administer their settings. 

In CUP 8.6(3) and prior versions, it was possible to execute a SQL command from the CLI to enable calendar status sharing for a bulk group of users.  It appears that this no longer works in CUP 8.6(4), perhaps due to a schema change or AXL change.

I would like to understand there is a method in CUP 8.6(4) to make bulk changes to users through the CLI. 

While I understand that major changes are going to occur in version 9.0 with the rebranding of CUPS as IM & Presence, forcing end-users to use the CUP User Portal is a major drawback during POC projects.  The Jabber for Everyone program is of great interest to my customers, but issues like this causes customers to think, "Man, this feature is much more difficult to enable in Jabber than it was in Lync."

I would also like to know when this feature is slated to be introduced in the Jabber for Windows client.  Some preliminary research indicates version 9.5, But it would be helpful to understand a better idea on timeline.

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite
26 Replies 26

Does the presence change for every user or are you just verifying via the GUI?

every user I have tested it has changed correctly, I also verified via the GUI....

So enabling the calender presence from the CLI by running

execute procedure spSetUserCalendaring((select pkid from enduser where userid='"coflaher"),'t','t')

works on 8.6.4 and is supported by Cisco?

Regards

Roger

Correct, but that only works on a per user basis.. It won't bulk do them.

Umm, there is no command called execute?

admin:execute procedure spSetUserCalendaring((select pkid from enduser where userid='"blah"),'t','t')

Executed command unsuccessfully

No valid command entered

What am I doing wrong? Running 8.6.4.11900-1

/Roger

you need to prefix run sql before that.

I tried that but it failed. I think some char got messed up when I copied the text.

this works for me:

run sql execute procedure spSetUserCalendaring((select pkid from enduser where userid='blah'),'t','t')

Thanks!

/Roger

Hello,

sorry but reading few post I’m a bit confused.

In order to enable the calendar in presence status for all the users I have the following questions

• •1)      The command “run sql execute procedure spSetUserCalendaring((select pkid from enduser where userid='blah'),'t','t')”  is suggested by Cisco or Cisco suggests to only allow each user to do that using the User Web Page?
  • •2)      Does the command works on CUP 8.6.3.10000-20?
  • •3)      From what I’ve understood there is no other option to enable the calendar in presence status, am I right?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

See inline:

• •1)      The command “run sql execute procedure  spSetUserCalendaring((select pkid from enduser where  userid='blah'),'t','t')”  is suggested by Cisco or Cisco suggests to  only allow each user to do that using the User Web Page?

[CF] - Running that command is just an alternative that an admin can use to do it instead of the enduser.

• •2)      Does the command works on CUP 8.6.3.10000-20?

[CF] - Yes

• •3)      From what I’ve understood there is no other option to enable the calendar in presence status, am I right?

[CF] - For Jabber, you are correct.

Hi,

I use version 8.6.4.12900-2, but i get an error with the command:

admin:run sql execute procedure spSetUserCalendaring((select pkid from enduser where userid='t.gebruiker02'),'t','t')

Routine (spsetusercalendaring) can not be resolved.

What can this be?

Thanks,

Maik

I just ran the same command on my server with the same version and it worked fine.

Not sure, why its not running.

I would suggest you try to restart the server and try again.

Restarted both servers and now it works!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: