cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize Jabber Guest

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to customize Jabber Guest in any way?  One thing in particular I'm looking to do is enable a way for users to enter their name prior to joining a call so that multiple Jabber Guest users can be distinguished in a call.  Is that possible with Jabber Guest or do I need to use Jabber SDK?

Thanks, Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

This would require some custom development using the Jabber Guest API.  At a high level, when the user enters their name, you would use that information to create a link on-the-fly using the Jabber Guest API (populating Caller Name with the name they entered), and then load their special link so they can click on it and start the call. 

For more information on the Jabber Guest API look here:  https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-guestsdk/documents/guest-server-api/

We also have some sample code which shows how you might do this on the web client, at link above, go to drop-down menu Downloads | Jabber Guest SDK for Web demo. 

Similar approach would work for mobile clients as well. 

Mike

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

This would require some custom development using the Jabber Guest API.  At a high level, when the user enters their name, you would use that information to create a link on-the-fly using the Jabber Guest API (populating Caller Name with the name they entered), and then load their special link so they can click on it and start the call. 

For more information on the Jabber Guest API look here:  https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-guestsdk/documents/guest-server-api/

We also have some sample code which shows how you might do this on the web client, at link above, go to drop-down menu Downloads | Jabber Guest SDK for Web demo. 

Similar approach would work for mobile clients as well. 

Mike

Perfect!  I didn't even know there was an API.  Exactly what I was looking for.  Now if we can only get Jabber Guest and MRA running on the same box... :)  Is that on the roadmap?

Hi Mike,

Jabber Guest and MRA running on the same box has been high on the list since we released.  However we've got a number of items we want to deliver ahead of that, so I'm not sure when that might be delivered.  It's not actively being worked on.

Mike

That's good to hear.  Is the ability to use a traversal zone for media when using a single NIC on Expressway Edge on the roadmap as well?

It's on the backlog, not sure when it might get delivered. 

Mike

Hello Mic

Can you tell me how u were able to use jabber api to achieve jabber guest customization. I have just upgraded to the latest version of jabber guest (11.1.*)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: