Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 1.1 Site URL not working

Yan Tian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have just deployly a new CWMS 1.1 for customer, everything is working fine.

However, after power off the virtual machine of CWMS 1.1 and power on again, everything is fine except webex site URL is not accessible.

I am quite sure that the problem reside on CWMS 1.1 rather than on Browser, as I am using the same computer in both scenario.

Virtual Machin host / IP:  webexadmin.webex.com   18.2.0.5

Site URL / IP:  webexweb.webex.com  18.2.0.7

Admin URL / IP: webexsuper.webex.com  18.2.0.7

I confirmed that DNS is working fine.   Admin URL is working fine and I can use Admin credential to access without problems.

However, I am not able to access site URL, the page which prompt me to input host user ID and password does not appears.

By the way, I am also curious about how CWMS 1.1 distinguishes the requests to Site URL and Admin URL as they are resolved to the same IP address by DNS server?

Please help..

Thanks

Tian Yan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Tian,

Appolgise for a slow repsonse here it was long weekend in USA.

I would strongly sugguest you to use this version 1.1.1.9 when trying to deploy expecially for email server.

CSCuc63386 No Email Server Validation in the initial config sequence

This was fix in 1.1 Release.

If you need help getting new .ova feel free to open a SR and some one from TAC will help you with this.

Now in regards to FQDN versus IP feel free to open a SR we can do more testing, I wouldnt expect this to be and issue as long is valid and working.

Feel free to reachout to me privetly if you need help opening SR,  I can do this for you and take ownership.

Kind regards,

Srdjan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Srdjan Ciric
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tian,

Can you please provide nslook up from :

webexweb.webex.com

webexsuper.webex.com

Additionally please provide me version of CWMS exactly ,also wanted to confirm you dont have IRP installed?

Thanks ,

Srdjan

Hello Srdjan,

thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay.

above is the screenshot of nslookup output.

Virtual Machine who hosts webex server:

Host name: webexadmin.bsb.com.cn   IP addr: 18.2.0.5

Webex admin URL: webexsuper.bsb.com.cn  | IP addr: 18.2.0.7

Webex site URL: webexweb.bsb.com.cn   |  IP addr: 18.2.0.7

After they re-add all related hostname&IP mapping (EXSi server, vcenter, webex VM, webex Admin&Site URL) to the DNS server (11.4.0.8), webex site URL is now accessible, the page which asks me to input user ID & password to login.

However, when we input the webex site URL (webexweb.bsb.com.cn) in Browser, we are automatically redirected to webexadmin.bsb.com.cn (host name of the virtual machine that hosts the webex), is that expected behaviors for webex site URL?

Besides, we are now planning to change the mail server on webex, but we found that it did not allow us to input IP address of mail server, only FQDN name of mail server is valid for input. Is that a bug ? Why it does not allow us to input IP address for mail server?

I will update you with the specific verson of my webex server soon.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Kind Regards.

Tian Yan

Hello Tian,

In regards to redirect that is correct, if you will be joing from outside and you have IRP then this wont be the case.

Correct, you would need to put FQDN in regards to mail server.

Kind regards,

Srdjan

Hello Srdjan,

Thanks for your answer.

In regards to mail server, I did input ip address during the installation of Webex, and everything worked just perfectly.

we are not allowed to input IP address for mail server only when we want to chang the mail server after installation.

Is that expected behaviour (IP address is allowed when installation, but only FQDN allowed after installation)?

If yes, I am curious why FQDN (not ip address) for mail server is preferred here as it extrally introduces a single point of failure?

By the way, exact webex version is 1.0.1.5.

Thanks in advance

Tian Yan

Hello Tian,

Appolgise for a slow repsonse here it was long weekend in USA.

I would strongly sugguest you to use this version 1.1.1.9 when trying to deploy expecially for email server.

CSCuc63386 No Email Server Validation in the initial config sequence

This was fix in 1.1 Release.

If you need help getting new .ova feel free to open a SR and some one from TAC will help you with this.

Now in regards to FQDN versus IP feel free to open a SR we can do more testing, I wouldnt expect this to be and issue as long is valid and working.

Feel free to reachout to me privetly if you need help opening SR,  I can do this for you and take ownership.

Kind regards,

Srdjan

Hey Srdjan,

Thanks for your reply.

We already re-deployed OVF template and input the IP addr as the email server during the initial configuration for Webex server, now everything is working fine. we did not have OVF template file for version 1.1 on hand and neither wanted bother to download it again from cisco.com as its size is quite large (17 GB). Anyway, appreciate your valuable help.

(CSCuc63386, is not accessible for me, HTTP request timeout)

By the way, could you please help me on below queries which are still not addressed.

1) I am curious why FQDN (not ip address) for mail server is preferred here as it extrally introduces a single point of failure?

2) I am also curious about how CWMS distinguishes the requests to Site URL and Admin URL as they are resolved to the same IP address by DNS server?

Thanks in advance.

Tian Yan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: