Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.0 Deployment its give the "Error:216 Remote host did not respond "

Syed Akbar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

When I tried to install / Deploy CMWS 2.0 for the 50 users .

During Deployment its give the  "Error:216 Remote host did not respond " and when I check VM Console its

Showing below message for the  users IRP and WebEx user admin.

IRP : "Waiting for a connection from the admin Virtual Machine "

on the webpage webex deployment   " webx.yy.com.kw/Deployment?passphrase=KATEMEWX " at the end its give the  "Error:216 Remote host did not respond "  as attached file.

During  deployment private virtual machines for  50 users admin , 50 users IRP does it depended first to deployed IRP or WebEx admin or we can deployed any one  first.

So Please advice and find the attached snapshots to review further.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you deploying Admin and IRP VMs on the same ESXi host, or on two separate dedicated ESXi hosts?

Did you open all the necessary ports on the firewall in between the Admin VM and IRP VM? http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_011.html#reference_CB65D7FE4B3746DDAF1649884AD777CE

Ensure that ICMP protocol is enabled in both directions from Admin VM to IRP VM and from IRP VM to Admin VM.

Make sure that all the hostnames (Admin VM, IRP VM, Public VIP, Private VIP, WebEx Site URL and Admin Site URL) are configured in the DNS server you are using in your network.

This kind of an error is almost always caused by a network connectivity issue, so ensure all is setup as documented.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you deploying Admin and IRP VMs on the same ESXi host, or on two separate dedicated ESXi hosts?

Did you open all the necessary ports on the firewall in between the Admin VM and IRP VM? http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_011.html#reference_CB65D7FE4B3746DDAF1649884AD777CE

Ensure that ICMP protocol is enabled in both directions from Admin VM to IRP VM and from IRP VM to Admin VM.

Make sure that all the hostnames (Admin VM, IRP VM, Public VIP, Private VIP, WebEx Site URL and Admin Site URL) are configured in the DNS server you are using in your network.

This kind of an error is almost always caused by a network connectivity issue, so ensure all is setup as documented.

-Dejan

Syed Akbar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Yes Admin and IRP VMs on the same ESXi host.

Did you open all the necessary ports on the firewall in between the Admin VM and IRP VM? below are the one which we open if not please advice.

Port Access in the External Firewall

we have enabled public access, then the following ports are open inbound directly from the Internet to the Internet Reverse Proxy virtual machines in the internal network:

• TCP Port 80 to the public virtual IP (VIP) address
  • TCP Port 443 to the public virtual IP (VIP) addres

how to verify / confirm  port are open .

Q) Make sure that all the hostnames (Admin VM, IRP VM, Public VIP, Private VIP, WebEx Site URL and Admin Site URL)

yes,  all of them are configure in DNS Server.

IP address used as mention in the below setup .

admin VM as private Voice IP address

IRP as DMZ IP address  (Admin vm and IRP both are inside the DMZ network)

Public VIP Address( DMZ ip Address as NAT ed to public address)

Private VIP Address( Private voice ip address)

Webex site URL (External DNS entries which is dmz NATed ip address) i.e ( meeting.xxx.com.ia)

admin site URL ( private voice ip address ) i.e (webx .xxx.com.ia)

As per different types of network topology for CWMS system :

we are using all the VM's are internal including IRP .  What does mean Split-horizon network topology .

So please send me the trouble shooting Document  for the CWMS 2.0 setup for the network.

Hi,

I am little bit confused in regards to your deployment. If all the VMs are in DMZ, are they all on the same subnet? Are there any firewalls between Admin VM and IRP VM? This kind of issue is definitely network connectivity issue. Please, ensure that all the ports specified in this document are allowed between the VMs, including ICMP protocol, ports 64616, 64001, etc.

Once that is confirmed, and your two VMs can communicate on all the required ports and protocols, they should be able to deploy.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: