Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.0 - Personal Conferencing

hanlykent
Level 1
Level 1

I am just wondering whether the following is normal behaviour:

I call into Cisco Webex Meeting Server and enter my Host ID for "Personal Conferencing" and personal PIN

I received a meeting invite in my Outlook client where is states "To start the online portion of the meeting, go here."

I click on the "here" and it opens the Webex Site , and I click on "Start"

The webex window opens and in the participants list I see:

• {my name} (Host, me)
  • Call-in User 1

Both the participants are me.

Shouldn't Webex associate my audio session with my online session?

The Host ID that was entered via the phone is associated with my account (email address)

The online session logs in as my account (email address)

It would seem I currently need to hang up the first audio session, and then dial in again using the Host ID and the Attendee ID shown in the Online session?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In this situation, it is not always necessarily true that the caller identifying themselves with the host ID for the personal conference is the host user. This host ID could have been provided to someone else in order for them to start the PCN meeting (in the case that the original host was not available). Then, if the original host joins via web this could potentially associate the alternate host's phone call to the original host's web session.

In this situation, I would suggest either dialing in and associating the call to your web session using the attendee ID after the web session was started, or outdialing yourself from the system to do this automatically.

Alternately, if the intention is to use the web portion of the meeting from the start, then create a normal scheduled or instant meeting instead of escalating a PCN meeting to include web.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In this situation, it is not always necessarily true that the caller identifying themselves with the host ID for the personal conference is the host user. This host ID could have been provided to someone else in order for them to start the PCN meeting (in the case that the original host was not available). Then, if the original host joins via web this could potentially associate the alternate host's phone call to the original host's web session.

In this situation, I would suggest either dialing in and associating the call to your web session using the attendee ID after the web session was started, or outdialing yourself from the system to do this automatically.

Alternately, if the intention is to use the web portion of the meeting from the start, then create a normal scheduled or instant meeting instead of escalating a PCN meeting to include web.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC

Hi Derek,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Hopefully just a quick further question:

In regards to "outdialing youself from the system to do this automatically", I have not been able to achieve this when the meeting is setup with "Personal Conferencing". Is this possible?

If the meeting is setup with "WebEx Audio" , the Callme service seems to be available.

Regards,

Kent

Hi Kent,

It is not possible to outdial yourself from a Personal Conference unless the Web portion has been initiatied. Once the web portion is available, any outdials will automatically associate your web user to your new phone call.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC

Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering if it's possible to stop CWMS from sending Outlook Meeting Invites when you start a personal conferencing session?

I use the Personal Conferencing Feature regularly  for adhoc voice only conferences while I'm out of the office but it can be annoying when I return to find a whole host of meeting requests in my inbox!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: