Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.5 making users active

I have CWMS 2.5 integrated with CUCM 9.1 which integrated with LDAP , and i can see users normal on CWMS , also have IM & P , inactive users can't log in to host meeting through Meeting tab in Jabber windows client and active can login , i know this is normal , but my question is when i make inactive users to active it Immediately be active on users page but it take too long time to be able to login on Jabber meeting tab , is this normal ? and what is the default time it must take since i make it active to be able to login to host meeting on Jabber windows client meeting tab ??

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not a Jabber expert, but it is possible that there is some cached session kept on Jabber client that is causing it not to check if the account is active on conferencing server. Have you tried signing out from Jabber, restarting the client and logging back in to see if that will make meeting option available in Jabber?

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi,

thanks for your reply

yes i tried , but it takes about 45 mints to be able to log in in jabber meeting while he can log in normal in meeting URL page after being active.

On CWMS, the only thing that regulates the user session duration is configured in CWMS Administration URL > Settings > Security > User Sessions > Web page expiration. This might be something that keeps the old session active on the end user side, so until that expires, no new authentication session is initiated between the web client and CWMS and hence no validation of user being Active/Inactive.

I am not sure how Jabber keeps the session with CWMS (or any other conferencing server), so that might be a questions for Jabber experts. 

Other than the above, there is nothing on CWMS side that can be configured.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: