Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.5 Recordings

Hi all,

I do not have a test system to check so does anybody know if we can see which participant is talking when we play a cwms recording ?

For legal reasons the customer needs to know who is saying what in a meeting at any given point in time without having to guess

Regards,

Christos

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Christos,

For participants that joined both web and audio, you can see them in the participant list. However, audio only participants (Call-in users) won't be visible in the NBR recording which in your case can prevent the customer to see the entire audience in the meeting.

There is an enhancement request opened to add this feature: CSCuq02573 Telephony users do not exist in participant recording list, but I don't know if/when it will be added. Feel free to share this info with your Cisco Account Team so they can work with Product Management and see if this can be implemented in the future releases of the product.

Overall, as specified in the other response, it is not possible to see an active speaker in NBR recording.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

Hi Christos,

I had to test this as there were changes to the clients and NBR players, and I haven't checked this feature in a while, and I am sad to say that I was wrong.

Active speaker is not shown in the participant list in the recording. I apologize for jumping to the conclusion without first double checking. Unfortunately, you cannot see who is speaking when reviewing the recording.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Christos,

For participants that joined both web and audio, you can see them in the participant list. However, audio only participants (Call-in users) won't be visible in the NBR recording which in your case can prevent the customer to see the entire audience in the meeting.

There is an enhancement request opened to add this feature: CSCuq02573 Telephony users do not exist in participant recording list, but I don't know if/when it will be added. Feel free to share this info with your Cisco Account Team so they can work with Product Management and see if this can be implemented in the future releases of the product.

Overall, as specified in the other response, it is not possible to see an active speaker in NBR recording.

-Dejan

Thanks for the super fast reply Dejan,

That's ok if we can see who is talking as long as they joined the web portion. I understand that for audio-only (including blast-dialing) there is no such possibility

Regards,

Christos

Hi Christos,

I had to test this as there were changes to the clients and NBR players, and I haven't checked this feature in a while, and I am sad to say that I was wrong.

Active speaker is not shown in the participant list in the recording. I apologize for jumping to the conclusion without first double checking. Unfortunately, you cannot see who is speaking when reviewing the recording.

-Dejan