Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.5 stuck at WebEx logo while booting

gvijendr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Just deployed a CWMS 2.5 OVF template.used 250 user admin option. When I power the VM on, the booting process is stuck at the webex logo. Does not go further. Have ensured that NTP is setup correctly on the ESxi.

Attaching the console screenshot

Any suggestions?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you use vCenter to deploy the OVA file or you connected vSphere client to ESXi host directly?

You must use vCenter for deployment of CWMS.

Additionally, CWMS VMs must be deployed on a dedicated ESXi host per system requirements, which doesn't seem to be the case per the screen shot.

Here is some useful documentation that can help you in setting this up:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide.html 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide.html

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan

I used vSphere to deploy OVA file for CWMS. And I dont have a dedicated ESXi.

I can arrange for Vcenter but not dedicated ESXi. Can you let me know if dedicated ESXi is a guideline or is it mandatory ?

Thanks

Guru 

Hi Guru,

You will have to use vCenter to successfully deploy OVA files.

Furthermore, CWMS doesn't support co-residency with other VMs (you can see in the Planning Guide what arrangement of VMs per ESXi host is supported for each of deployment sizes as well as what hardware is required). CWMS is a conferencing product and is very resource intense application, so sharing resources with other components results in poor system performance.

If you don't have dedicated ESXi host when rolling the system in production, you also won't be able to get support from Cisco TAC/Escalation. 

For testing purposes, you can deploy with co-residency, but you for sure need a vCenter to manage the host and to deploy the OVA files.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

This is a lab installation at this moment.

I installed Vcenter and have made progress. When I reboot the CWMS it is stuck with the message "Bad DNS Server" although the DNS is configured with the A record of the CWMS and reachable from this VM. Attaching the screenshot.

Anything else i need to be  looking into ?

Hi,

There is definitely something wrong with the network configuration. Make sure the VM's NIC is on the correct VLAN and DNS server can be reached from that VM/VLAN. Also, make sure you have forward and reverse lookup entries for CWMS hostnames created in the DNS server (check DNS table in the following document):  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_0100.html#concept_DDD6AF3E341B4C6A9C5C65229143F305

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: