Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 50 Users Deployment on UCS C220M5

ChristopheM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to deploy CWMS 50 user in one UCS C220M5, without additional interface NIC card and without redundacy. VCenter will be use and is already deployed to discover UCS C220M5.

On Deployment Guide, I note that 1 NIC for VM Admin dedicated, 1 NIC for VM IRP dedicated, and 1 NIC for ESXi
management network.

Does ESXi management network match CIMC interface?

In this case how to discover ESXi in VCenter?

Best regards.

Christophe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

CIMC uses a dedicated port in UCS which is labelled as M in the UCS.

You can use the one NIC for ESXi management and for VM Admin but you will have to use dedicated NIC for IRP because it will connect to the DMZ network.

ESXi will be discovered in vCenter using the NIC you will use for VM Admin and ESXi management.

Hope it helps

Please rate helpful posts

VJ

View solution in original post

Best practice says to have them seperated out but I don't think it will cause any trouble in VM management.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

CIMC uses a dedicated port in UCS which is labelled as M in the UCS.

You can use the one NIC for ESXi management and for VM Admin but you will have to use dedicated NIC for IRP because it will connect to the DMZ network.

ESXi will be discovered in vCenter using the NIC you will use for VM Admin and ESXi management.

Hope it helps

Please rate helpful posts

VJ

Hello Vijay,

Thank you for your reply.

That helps me a lot. So I'll have to create two VLANs on the ESXi/VM Admin NIC, and port groups too.

Just to confirm about performance ESXi, doesn't it trouble VM management?

Thanks again.

Christophe

Best practice says to have them seperated out but I don't think it will cause any trouble in VM management.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: