cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS Default admin username and password

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

We have a CWMS and IRP installed, When I browse to it, it says it is in Maintenace mode. No one seems to know the admin username and password I have looked at Docs to see if there is a default, but can find no info. I am hoping there is one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The admin account is configured during the initial setup of the system (there is no default admin account). After deploying the system and adding additional user profiles, you can make any of those additional users as admins. Any of the users with admin privilege will have a password saved locally on CWMS. If password is forgotten, knowing the e-mail address of such user can be used to send a reset password email and reset the password.

Unfortunately, other than that, if you don't know any admin account e-mails and can't access the system, then there might be a way to do some manipulation on the system by booting it into single user mode, but this would need to be done by TAC and tracked within a TAC ticket.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The admin account is configured during the initial setup of the system (there is no default admin account). After deploying the system and adding additional user profiles, you can make any of those additional users as admins. Any of the users with admin privilege will have a password saved locally on CWMS. If password is forgotten, knowing the e-mail address of such user can be used to send a reset password email and reset the password.

Unfortunately, other than that, if you don't know any admin account e-mails and can't access the system, then there might be a way to do some manipulation on the system by booting it into single user mode, but this would need to be done by TAC and tracked within a TAC ticket.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

many thanks