Helpful
Replies

CWMS - ELM & Dial Out

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Asking two questions here.

Firstly, I'm currently running on demo licences. I have the correct PAK to register but it seems that the only option is to put the licences on the ELM that runs on the webex server itself. Can I put the webex licences on the existing ELM I have for Call Manager so all my UC licences are in the same place.

Secondy, on dial-out I am selecting UK and putting in my number of 01234567890 (for example). What format does this hit my CUCM in? I need to make sure that CUCM routes the call as 9 01234567890. In order to manipluate can this be an application dial rule or do I need to put a translation pattern in whatever my inbound CSS for the Webex SIP trunk?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jon,

You would need a translation pattern.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jon,

Let me try answering your questions:

1. You have to use ELM that is hosted on CWMS server

2. As for dial out, format is in +XXXYYZZZZZZZ    (where XXX is a country code, YY is an area code, and ZZZZZZZ is a telephone number). For UK and your example, it would be +4401234567890.

If you choose an option to "Call me at an internal number", then CWMS will send only what you entered as a phone number (used mostly for local extension numbers).

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, that's very helpful.

If I want to alter those digits can this be an application rule or as it's a sip trunk do I need a translation pattern on the CSS of the trunk?

Jon

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Jon,

You would need a translation pattern.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: