Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS Emails

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

I am testing a CWMS new installation with no public access. Just wanted to confirm even without the Reverse Proxy the audio conference can still be sent to external users?

If thats correct as a host the meeting I schedule - I recieve the email invite for that but for other external users and email accts (like yahoo, gmail etc.) never get the meeting invite.

Any hint?

Thanks           

7 Replies 7

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry,

Yes, external participants can join meeting via phone (SIP).

Regarding external email account, make sure to check your email server like exchange and has email box for admin@usersite

otherwise your mail filer/spam or other's may not allow to send these emails outside your organization.

HTH

Arun

Hi Arun,

I have added the exchange server without authentication. The status correctly shows as UP.

When I schedule any meetings, Internally people are able to receive emails only external are having issue.

As per your advice when I get exchange guys to add a user account for CWMS, then do I need to enable authentication and add that username\pwd on CWMS side or we can just leave this as it is on CWMS side (without authentication)?

Thanks very much for your help.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Just need to create that email box on exchange.

No, no need to enable authentication (not needed).

Thanks

Arun

Thanks mate really appreciate your help here. Once the exchange guys are in tommorow morning I will have them create a test account and try to test this and get back to you.

Just out of interest - do you work with TAC or PDI or any other team. I happened to log a TAC case on this one as well.

Thanks again.

Terry

Yes please keep us posted.

I work for TAC here in SJC.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2215299

Thanks, Arun

Surely I will mate. Thanks for your help.

Hi Arun,

Managed to resolve the email issue. It was the exchange administrators just needed to add the ip address so that exchange recognises those ip addresses and allows the emails. Its mentioned in the admin guide I think but not that clear.

So for everyone's benefit - ask your exchange guys to add the ip address of the CWMS in exchange.

Although we donot need any mailbox users but still thanks Arun for pointing me towards right direction.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: