Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS inactive users suddenly

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried the CWMS on version 2.0 & 2.5, that happened the same issue on the users' inactivity.
One day, a user complained he cannot use the CWMS and checked the user account on CWMS is inactivity and discovered lot of user accounts became the inactivity. Actually, the CWMS would sync the CUCM LDAP without set the filter group, that should be synced all CM users by default is active.
I tried to sync manually all users again, but the user accounts still was inactivity. Finally, I export on csv and modify back as active.

Why? Any bugs on that?

9 Replies 9

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

I am running version 2.5.1.29.B-AE with CUCM LDAP integration (no filter groups) and am experiencing the same issue.

Will suddently inactive lots of users?

Yes. That is what I am seeing. I updated to version 2.5.1.132.B-AE yesterday. Will see what happens with this version. I am seeing that Jabber for Windows is rejecting the known good certificate on CWMS after a sync. Not sure which end is causing the problem.

Same behavior after upgrade.

did this get fixed. I'm having the same issue with the the same version of Webex 2.5.1.5051.b-ae

After the CWMS upgrade, the good cert. of CWMS on client become invalid? All active users become inactive? 
Any bug id we can find?

I think the certificate is still valid as active users can access system. What I'm seeing is that not all active users are inactive. Nothing very consistent.

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey guys not 100% sure but symptoms match the following BUG I came accross some time ago, although it says fixed in 2.5. Can you guys try the work around and update the record for one of the user in CUCM and resync to see if it makes any difference

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup62113

Symptom:
Users are automatically deactivated with the sync interval on CWMS 2.0 MR4

Conditions:
Users are integrated via CUCM into CWMS, the affected end user records have not received an update within the last 8 weeks. You can see the users that will be active with the query (replace 1403879688 with the date - 8 weeks in unix format):
run sql select userid from enduser where cdrtime > 1403879688

Workaround:
Update anything on the user via the ccmadmin inteface for the end user page. After that sync again on CWMS and the user will be active again.

Further Problem Description:

A manuel resync (version 2.5) with no changes to users on CCM end user page brought back the active users. I've increased the sync frequency from once a week to once a day to see if that helps.