Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS Old Recorded get deleted

asafgo616
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cwms on premise version 2.5, and 250 user with one admin and one media.

1) Last week when i start meeting and recored it, it seems ok, but when I login to my web portal i cannot found the record

Now its Work without doing anything,

2) when i look in the NFS storage folder when the Webex save the Backups and Recoreds, I saw folders from 2015-2017 with month folder (01-12), but all the folders are empty besides 2017\08 (this month
)

my system guy checked the permissions on NetApp - NFS storage And its ok (the backups work fine)

someone have this issue before?

thanks,

Asaf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Asaf,

Folders 2015-2017 are temporary folders where recording files are placed when the meeting is being recorded. Once the meeting ends, there is a consolidation process that runs and uses those temp recording files from 20XX folders and consolidates them into specific folders under '1' directory based on unique user ID and unique conf ID. After the recording is successfully consolidated, the recording link will be posted on the WebEx site, and temp files will be removed from 20XX temp folders.

When it comes to recording path for consolidated recording, under 1 directory, path is created like this:

/hostid%1000/hostid/confid%1000/confid

For example: HostID=2711 (obtained for export of user profiles = unique user ID)  and ConfID=49782 (obtained from customized report)

hostid%1000 of 2711 = 711

hostid = 2711

confid%1000 of 49782 = 782

confide = 49782

Based on these IDs, the path to the recording data under ‘1’ directory would be:  /711/2711/782/49782, and the full path would be: NFS_storage_path/1/711/2711/782/49782

In this 49782 directory, in the beginning we would have RecordingData folder with all the files needed for streaming the recording. 

However, the first time the host initiates the download of the recording, another directory is create called RecordingPac and in that directory ARF recording file is created based on the streaming files in RecordingData folder

I hope this clarifies it better for you now.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Asaf,

Folders 2015-2017 are temporary folders where recording files are placed when the meeting is being recorded. Once the meeting ends, there is a consolidation process that runs and uses those temp recording files from 20XX folders and consolidates them into specific folders under '1' directory based on unique user ID and unique conf ID. After the recording is successfully consolidated, the recording link will be posted on the WebEx site, and temp files will be removed from 20XX temp folders.

When it comes to recording path for consolidated recording, under 1 directory, path is created like this:

/hostid%1000/hostid/confid%1000/confid

For example: HostID=2711 (obtained for export of user profiles = unique user ID)  and ConfID=49782 (obtained from customized report)

hostid%1000 of 2711 = 711

hostid = 2711

confid%1000 of 49782 = 782

confide = 49782

Based on these IDs, the path to the recording data under ‘1’ directory would be:  /711/2711/782/49782, and the full path would be: NFS_storage_path/1/711/2711/782/49782

In this 49782 directory, in the beginning we would have RecordingData folder with all the files needed for streaming the recording. 

However, the first time the host initiates the download of the recording, another directory is create called RecordingPac and in that directory ARF recording file is created based on the streaming files in RecordingData folder

I hope this clarifies it better for you now.

-Dejan

thank you Dejan,

so for how long the records stay in 2017\08 folder?

because i had 6 folders there.

also i have folder there  called: sucessrec, its mean somethings? 

the other folder's name is 

only numbers

Hi Asaf,

The folders will stay there. The files would move to  successrec after successful consolidation . Those files will remain there for sometime and be automatically cleaned (not sure of the schedule, I might be able to find that out).

-Dejan