Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS OVA 1.5.6A demo version used in production enviroment

asherif82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are deploying CWMS 50 ports at one of our customers and we didnot receive the ova software on a physical flash.Likewise we tried to use PUT tool to order e-delivery copy but its under "compliance Hold" status and customer is in harry to start deploying .

My question is that since I have the 1.5.6.A Demo version downloaded from cisco can we use it and just assign the license comes with the order to break the trial period just to save time instead of waiting the approval of the e-delivery ova (noting that the release note comes with the demo ova mentioning its not for production usage and the version they are talking about is CWMS 1.0.1).

Please advise.

Regards,

Amr Sherif

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amr,

I've never seen a demo version of CWMS, so I don't know what limitations it might have. Regular CWMS can always be deployed without licenses. You would have a 6-month long trial period to use the system without a license. After that you have to implement the licenses. I am not sure what this specific DEMO version does and if it is at all different from regular CWMS deployment.

You've mentioned you have a Compliance Hold on the e-delivery. Have you submitted A2Q form for this? The A2Q review is used to validate system architecture prior to the  shipment and implementation of the software. To submit A2Q  questionnaire, please visit

http://tools.cisco.com/atoq/ and select the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) questionnaire.  The  questionnaire will be reviewed and, upon approval, the software download  will be approved.

If you have any issues with this, call Cisco Customer Service:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/siteassets/contacts/index.html#~tab-b

Ensure you have your contract number, sales order number, and this order ID when reaching out to them.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

Hey mate,

Pretty sure the "Demo" of 1.5.1.6A is the same CWMS 1.5 release that is on CCO software repository. It's not a beta as far as I am aware. I assume you are talking about the NFR one you ordered and download through the Cisco marketplace right?

All  the CWMS products will run for 180 days on eval / demo licensing. You  just need to apply permanent licensing before it expires.

Also, make sure you deploy the latest update (download from CCO) 1.5 MR1

It has a range of hugely important bugs fixed.

A lot of user experience stuff - key ones being - audio quality and joining meetings.

A2Q has taken a while on my other deployments, just give them a follow up as suggested by Dejan

Cheers,

Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amr,

I've never seen a demo version of CWMS, so I don't know what limitations it might have. Regular CWMS can always be deployed without licenses. You would have a 6-month long trial period to use the system without a license. After that you have to implement the licenses. I am not sure what this specific DEMO version does and if it is at all different from regular CWMS deployment.

You've mentioned you have a Compliance Hold on the e-delivery. Have you submitted A2Q form for this? The A2Q review is used to validate system architecture prior to the  shipment and implementation of the software. To submit A2Q  questionnaire, please visit

http://tools.cisco.com/atoq/ and select the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) questionnaire.  The  questionnaire will be reviewed and, upon approval, the software download  will be approved.

If you have any issues with this, call Cisco Customer Service:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/siteassets/contacts/index.html#~tab-b

Ensure you have your contract number, sales order number, and this order ID when reaching out to them.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

I have submitted the A2Q as you mebtioned and still waiting their respond. Meanwhile to expedite the deployment the CWMS software i was talking about is the Beta version 1.5.1.6A that can be downloaded for Cisco partners to be used in a lab enviroment ,it has a trial period of 180 days.should this Beta version release  valid to be used in a productive enviroment and just assign the license and we all good to go?!.

Need your advise.

Regards,

Amr Sherif

Hey mate,

Pretty sure the "Demo" of 1.5.1.6A is the same CWMS 1.5 release that is on CCO software repository. It's not a beta as far as I am aware. I assume you are talking about the NFR one you ordered and download through the Cisco marketplace right?

All  the CWMS products will run for 180 days on eval / demo licensing. You  just need to apply permanent licensing before it expires.

Also, make sure you deploy the latest update (download from CCO) 1.5 MR1

It has a range of hugely important bugs fixed.

A lot of user experience stuff - key ones being - audio quality and joining meetings.

A2Q has taken a while on my other deployments, just give them a follow up as suggested by Dejan

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks guys for your support...that was pretty helpful .