cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Decline call not working

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Having an issue with J4W 9.1 with any 79XX phone when in deskphone mode.  I hit decline, but the phone keeps ringing.  iDivert works fine on the softkey the phone itself.

17 Replies 17

cornelisvis
Level 1
Level 1

Same here with J4W 9.1 in softphone mode. Have not seen it in deskphone mode yet. I've also noticed an answered call with two way audio present and ringback at the same time...

Hi,

Have you created a Voicemail profile? Is this profile assigned to the end user's DN? Have you followed all the steps provided in the admin guide Set Up Voicemail section?

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hello Maqsood,

Yes, the voicemail profile is present and working fine. The only issue we have with voicemail is that the Jabber client shows voicemails with a timestamp of 1970. the actual timestamp as shown for instance in unified messaging inbox is correct.

Could you explain what the voicemail profile could have to do with the inability to decline a call?

In general , we have stability issues when using J4W9.1 with CSF call control. To make it stable without a physical deksphone I'm using CIPC. A pitty we cant use video in combination with CIPC.

Best regards,

Kees

Hi Kees,

If a voicemail profile is not assigned to end user or it in not configured properly with a Voicemail Pilot number then you won't see a decline button on an incoming call toast or the decline buttun won't divert the call as expected. Looks like you have some configuration issues in your setup. I will suggest to open a support case with Cisco TAC to resolve these issues.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Tommer, im wonderinf if you ever got an answer for the issue you are having.

Also. im wondering if you are refering to internal or external calls..

I have the same issue, running J4W 9.1.3 and a 9971

If i get an EXTERNAL call and click decline, it does nothing, HOWEVER, if i get an internal DN to DN call, the decline works just fine..

anybody else, help me out with this?!

have you checked CSS - sounds like a  CSS issue between the client and the gateway (internal calls you say are ok).

Perhaps the Gateway CSS does not have access to the Partition in which the Voice Mail Hunt Pilot sits.

Message was edited by: JEFF SINGH

Jeff,

Just wanted to let you know this fixed my issue.  The decline button would work on an internal call but not on an external call.

Thanks

Keith

Fabricio Mora
Level 1
Level 1

Have you check if this problem takes place with internal and/or external callers? Besides the VM Profile configuration for the user please make sure that the original calling party device has direct access to the VM Pilot number partition on its CSS.

Regards

-Fabricio MS

apetrovsky
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here.  Voicemail profile is setup and voicemail is working fine over Jabber.  I DO have a "Decline" button when the call pops up on the laptop, but you when you click it, nothing happens.  Phone keeps ringing.  Even when I pick up my hard phone and answer the call (and talking the other person), the soft phone keeps ringing.  Very disruptive.  Likely a bug in Jabber.  Please fix.

Regards

Adam

Hello,

I´m having the exact same problem.

When the user answer the hardphone, the jabber keeps ringing, even after I end the call, keep ringing like 30 seconds.

If you have fix the problem, please be so kind to let me know how.

Regards,

mrios

I am also looking for a resolution on this issue.

Works fine internall, does not work externally.

I am working on this with an integrator, and cisco, I will post my findings and or hopefully resolution!

Muhammad Younas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

A question a bit irrelevant but about "DECLINE" option. Decline option is not availble with an incoming call. I read the post by Maqsood stating that you need to have Voice mail configured to have this option. Is there no way to enable this option without assinging/configuring voice mail? I am eagrly looking for an answere. Thnks in advance.

ok, we finally resolved this...

I got a short quick description from my integrator..

It had to do with the DN we were having called up to foward calls to VM..

We had two options, an 8555 ext, and a 610 extension..

they calls were being sent to 8555, and for some reason were not able to go there when it was an outside call..

we changed the vm profile for all users to point to 610, and all works great now

Ill try and get more from my integrator today.. but hopefully this will help point ya in a direction to resolve this as well.