cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete individual custom status

Joe Bohelski
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to delete individual custom status without deleting all of them?  There doesn't seem to be, but I thought I'd ask.  If there's not, is that functionality going to be included at some point?

10 Replies 10

andrhend
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joe

Thanks for the feedback. We have done some work to align the custom status behaviour across desktop clients. With that we are hoping to encourage users to treat statuses slightly differently. We have made it quicker to create a new custom status by typing directly in the hub (replacing the current status). Older statuses get overwritten when you have reached the limit for custom statuses. We want to encourage users to move away from managing a set of statuses that they reuse if they use a lot of custom statuses, to creating more contextual/rich/spontaneous statuses. If users only ever use a couple of custom messages, we still support that.

I hope that explains the rationale behind the change and that the new experience will be considered an improvement once users adapt to the change.

Thanks

Andrew    

Hey Andrew,

That does make sense.  Thanks!

So if I make a mistake typing in a custom status there's no way to get rid of it without first getting rid of all the other statuses that came before it??

Hey bbracale,

In 11.8 custom statuses can be deleted individually.

How?

Select the red X next to the status and it will clear it.

Administrator can also toggle IM provisioning for the end user which seems to delete them as well.

Adam, thanks for the suggestion but I don't have a red X like yours, see the attached picture (if it shows up; it is actually the second 'In webinar' status, without the PC icon, that I am trying to delete from the list). The Teams version I use is 41.4.0.18516; would that make a difference in the status editing options we get?

Yes it would. You're replying to a thread on Cisco Jabber so that was what the picture is that I'd sent.

In Webex app, it looks like the menu comes with 5 preloaded statuses, and adding a new custom status stacks it on the top and bumps the bottom one off.

There doesn't appear to be anyway to remove something from the menu - if someone put something in there they didn't want anyone else to see I would say just add 5 more custom status messages of whatever which will bump it from the menu. To the best of my knowledge, that data is available anywhere for administrator inspection anyway.

Thanks for the clarification; indeed, I had not noticed this thread was specifically about Jabber. That is still not obvious to me at all, but I suppose the Webex/Cisco Community website design would be another thread altogether.

fredmaney
Level 1
Level 1

I'm glad to see that change.   At any give time I have one time statuses and recurring statuses that I need to manage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: