cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deployment of jabber in corporate environment

haza.kaza
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to setup jabber client configuration thru group policy for all users?

25 Replies 25

getting there!!!

ok now I need it to be able to set this setting without the user having to set it themselves

The parameters are saved in a file called "jabber-bootstrap.properties". If the files are being successfully written there, then everything should be good.

I cannot locate that file.

Can this setting not be setup in the msi file?

Sorry the confusion.

This can be done in two ways.

1. Via the MSI parameters

2. Transforming the msi using an Orca tool.

These settings are wrong to jabber-boostrap.properties file adn Jabber reads them from here.

That file is stored here:

C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber

Hi,

I have done this and the settings aren't being picked up

what am i doing wrong?

Can you send me some screenshots of what you are doing and what you see?

i have tried all these steps

and every time i install or reinstall it it just comes up asking for the server presence settings to be specified like its not picking it up

Please help as I am running out of time

Does that dialog box appear on boot-up or do you need to select File->Change configuration settings.

I believe that the bootstrap is being written to and if you select save you will be able to login without any issue.

If you need urgent help, I'd recommend opening a TAC case.

I have to select change connection settings. Havnt tried logging on since I thought it wouldn't work without the settings being populated.

I will try it again

Thanks again for your help

ya.. i'm pretty sure its working as designed. Try just logging in.

Hi Haroula,

I've the same problem with 10.6.4 version. If i try to install with GPO (modify MSI with Orca) or with command line (msiexec.exe /i jabber.msi TYPE=CUP ADDRESS=192.168.xx.yy DOMAIN=domain.local LANGUAGE=1033 /quiet) the Login server is marked as "Use the default server" and the customization is not apply. Could you help me? Thanks