Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop sharing in Desktop phone mode

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jabber experts,

I have 2 issues facing on Jabber for windows.

We had configured Jabber 9.1, our CUCM and IM Server are 9.1, i had configured jabber in desktop phone mode, my desktop sharing is not working, it remains grey.

1)  Do i need to configure 'Softphone' mode with BFCP enable for desktop sharing to work?

Do i need to do enable any settings for desktop share to work in 'desktop phone' mode?

2) Voice mail was not working in Jabber client, until i gave Active directory password on Unity Connectrion>web application>password.

Can i know how can i configure this in a bulk way, to avoid applying AD password for each user in Unity Connection server? Can configuring Ldap will solve my issue.

tnx

Bobby

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bobby

1) Yes. This is stated in the release notes:

Video desktop sharing, using the BFCP protocol, is not supported with desk phone video.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1_2/JABW_BK_C3749E76_00_cisco-jabber-windows-release-notes.pdf

2) As you suspect, configuring AD integration is the ideal method as this ensures the user's CUP, CUCM, and CUC passwords are synchronised and simplifies the user experience.

Alternatively, you can specify in CUPS (Application/Jabber/Settings) the 'Credentials source for voicemail' to be 'not set' and the user will then need to specify their credentials in the Options menu within Jabber.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks,

#1 Confirm- Desktop sharing works only with Softphone mode.

#2 I already having the LDAP Configured on CUCM, but not in Unity CXN.

Do i need to configure LDAP in Unity Connection too.?

My IM&Presence Server is 9.1, the settings you mentioned is on presence or in cucm?

tnx

Hi Bobby

Re: Unity LDAP - there are two methods basically:

- Import users from CUCM - in this scenario, updates to the user in CUCM (e.g. name change due to marriage) don't propogate to unity unless you force a sync

- import users from LDAP - direct LDAP sync from Unity populates a table of available users. basically any changes to LDAP properties replicate into CUC for users that are joined to AD users.

- import users manually - no explanation needed

My preference is for CUC to have a direct LDAP sync.

The voicemail creds source will be on CUCM in your version - steps are here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_CA48EE46_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-administration_chapter_01000.html#JABW_RF_C2C4828F_00

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

I will check this in Service Profile, we prefer the users to enter the voice mail credentials from jabber client itself. Currently iam not getting the

'phone accounts' under option in Jabber client.

OR, Can i put a common password for all the user's "web application" from CUC? And change the parameter on CUCM>UC Service Profile>Voice mail credential to "web application"?

tnx

Bobby

I'm afraid not.

The only transparent way is to AD sync your CUC.

Otherwise users need to enter their own passwords.

Aaron

rowdygardner
Level 1
Level 1

I also would like desktop sharing to work in desk phone mode. Seems ridiculous to have to switch to softphone mode just to share my desktop. Now we need to buy everyone a headset and microphone connected to their PC when we already have one connected to their handset. Two headsets for every person.