Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Call Forwarding Feature on Cisco Jabber

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to disable or remove call forwarding feature on Cisco Jabber? I am using CUCM 11.5.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Slavik's suggestion is not applicable to Jabber as there are no softkeys.

There is no way to remove the option from the client, all you can do is adjust the CSS parameters to limit the destinations.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

You can start with removing the Call Forward softkey button from the Softkey Template. That way all phones won't show this button anymore.

Of course, you can also double proof it by changing the Call Forward CSS of the relevant lines to "None", that way if a user has a Cisco Jabber he won't be able to configure the forward, and not even from the Self Care Portal.

Hi Slavik,

Thanks for the reply.

I already tested on my environment, but unfortunately I am still able to set call forward. Below is my setting that I applied. Maybe I did not set the device incorrectly.

I removed the Forward All option from the softkey template.

On Hook FwdAll Removed.PNG

I also changed the softkey template on my Android Device.

Device Information Softkey Altered.PNG

And I already set the CFA to <None>.

CSS None on CFA.PNG

Please advise. Thank you.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Negative, I have not seen a Jabber config setting to hide the option entirely. As Slavic mentioned you can ensure the CFA CSS settings on the DN are < None > so there are no valid CFA destinations.

Hi Jonathan,

Well, if it cannot be removed, at least it cannot be used by the users. Since it is prone to be abused by the users.

I already tested the configuration as Slavik mentioned above, but unfortunately I still can forward the call. Do you mind to take a look? Maybe I missed something. Thank you.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Slavik's suggestion is not applicable to Jabber as there are no softkeys.

There is no way to remove the option from the client, all you can do is adjust the CSS parameters to limit the destinations.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the help. Now I am able to disable the call forwarding with the configuration attached.

Disable CFA Trial 2.PNG

Jaime,

First, nice name. Second, has there been any change to this behavior? We have a contact center with Jabber and we are now finding some agents are purposefully forwarding their agent extensions to numbers we won't allow resulting in failed inbound calls. Is there any way to stop them from doing that? Even if it's an msi flag, I'm open to anything here. Also, does the WebEx app allow us to restrict that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: